Search found 483 matches

by Angela Butterfly
Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: What is a realistic expectation of my sons injured arm?
Replies: 18
Views: 2847

Re: What is a realistic expectation of my sons injured arm?

<r>Kimberly<br/> I have not posted for a long time. I got an e-mail from BPI, and decided to pop in.<br/> <br/> You might want to read "WHAT IT IS LIKE LIVING WITH A DISABILITY IN THE FAMILY" written by the oldest of my 3 children. It is my youngest that was injured. The thread is here below<br/> <b...
by Angela Butterfly
Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:24 pm
Topic: OT - Chicago & surrounding areas
Replies: 19
Views: 3704

Re: OT - Chicago & surrounding areas

Jennifer,
I just don't know what to say. I am so full of emotion. You are such a good person.....Why do bad things happen to GOOD people? Life certainly isn't fair.

I will pray for you, as you asked. Love & Care
Angela.....Jill's mom.
by Angela Butterfly
Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:28 pm
Topic: Free Rice
Replies: 2
Views: 805

Free Rice

<r>This is a really neat vocabulary website. <br/> I learned about from a TV news broadcast a few weeks ago. From the news report, it is being used in some School Systems. For every correct answer, 10 grains of rice are donated.<br/> <br/> <URL url="http://www.freerice.com">www.freerice.com</URL></r>
by Angela Butterfly
Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:11 pm
Topic: Update on Jill
Replies: 7
Views: 1234

Re: Update on Jill

<t>to Cassidys mom & Michelle. It is my hope by sharing the positives, those of you in the early stages of this injury will be able to see a brighter future, while you are working to improve and learning about this injury.<br/> <br/> I didn't know anyone with this injury and did not have this wo...
by Angela Butterfly
Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:42 pm

Re: Update on Jill

<t>Hope,<br/> No, I only pop in on occasion. By choice I do not have a computer at home. I finally got a FULL TIME job in 2005, at the same place I had been working, as a full time seasonal, for many years. I work for the Federal Government. At one time there were 3 locations doing the work I do. No...
by Angela Butterfly
Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:09 pm

Update on Jill

<r>Hi,<br/> Some of you might still remember me. I used to spend 3 months every summer posting. I have been away for the last 3 summers. I am the mother of 3.<br/> <br/> My Jill (the youngest) was born SEVERE Left OBPI in 1984. Such a struggle to find services. <br/> For the newer posters the histor...
by Angela Butterfly
Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:52 pm
Topic: New to Forum
Replies: 8
Views: 1281

Re: New to Forum

<t>Hi Leslie,<br/> I am Angela, (central Illinois) mom to Jill born severe Left OBPI. Jill is now age 23, married and just graduated from Illinois State University. She is an Art Teacher.<br/> <br/> I hope someone will pull up the article<br/> "What it is like living with a disabiltiy in the family"...
by Angela Butterfly
Tue May 01, 2007 8:34 pm
Topic: Forearm Osteotomy
Views: 2398

Re: Forearm Osteotomy

<t>I forgot to mention one thing tho.....Typing.<br/> Jill types with ONE hand. She seems to do O.K.<br/> She had a lot of reports, Papers, etc to type for College. In that respect, the fingers of Jill's hand never worked all that well to type with her left anyway.<br/> <br/> If typing is your main ...
by Angela Butterfly
Tue May 01, 2007 8:29 pm
Topic: Forearm Osteotomy
Views: 2398

Re: Forearm Osteotomy

<t>Hi, I am Angela, Mom to Jill, now age 23, severe Left OBPI. I agree with Amy about waiting. <br/> My Jill was Palm Up (supinated) and then eventually froze with her forearm/hand neutral......ie mid way between palm up and palm down. As if to reach out to shake someone's hand.<br/> <br/> This surg...
by Angela Butterfly
Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:04 pm
Topic: mother's injuries
Replies: 14
Views: 1933

Re: mother's injuries

<t>Hi,<br/> I am Angela the mother of 3 adult children. It was my third born 10 pounds 8 ounces with severe Left OBPI (now 23). My second was 9 pounds 2 ounces (now 24). My first was 7 pounds 11 ounces(now 26).<br/> <br/> I didn't then realize just how injured I was. Hurt like *&*%$* for 8 weeks...