Search found 201 matches

by Connie&Andrew
Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:45 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: sensory integration and vision therapy
Replies: 11
Views: 1641

sensory integration and vision therapy

<t>I posted about a year ago about some problems my son was having at school. I was pointed to some great information on sensory integration disorder. He exhibited some of traits of this problem, though not exactly. We worked with his OT on some things and made some progress. <br/> <br/> There were ...
by Connie&Andrew
Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:52 pm
Topic: Update and a question
Replies: 4
Views: 1062

Re: Update and a question

I have always found a good selection of elastic waist pants at Target. Although mostly they seem to be different colored khaki pants. I don't remember too many denim jeans.

Good luck.

Connie
by Connie&Andrew
Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:50 pm
Topic: Hyperactivity, Chiropractors, other questions
Replies: 15
Views: 1984

Re: Hyperactivity, Chiropractors, other questions

<t>Thanks again everyone for your help and experiences. <br/> <br/> We are starting the process of determining what will best help Andrew to be successful. It's so hard when things are not cut and dry. But it helps to have as much information as possible and I am so thankful for the support of every...
by Connie&Andrew
Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:07 pm

Re: Hyperactivity, Chiropractors, other questions

<t>Thanks so much for all of your help. I have read about sensory issues on this board before, but never really thought they applied to my son. <br/> <br/> I'm going to read the "Out of Sync Child" book and I have just talked to his PT. She wants me to see the OT that works with her. She has dealt a...
by Connie&Andrew
Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:21 am

Hyperactivity, Chiropractors, other questions

<t>I am dealing with some issues with my 7-year old son and I thought I would ask the opinions of the people in this community.<br/> <br/> Andrew has always been a very active little boy and when he started school he had a little bit of a problem sitting still and things like that. It's a very commo...
by Connie&Andrew
Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:49 pm
Topic: Torn??
Replies: 31
Views: 4162

Re: Torn??

<t>Dawn,<br/> <br/> I just wanted to reply to your post to let you know that only you can determine what is right for you and your family. My son is almost 8 years old. We decided that pursuing legal action was not the right choice for our family or for our son. We felt good about our decision at th...
by Connie&Andrew
Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:57 am
Topic: looking for adise on mod quad
Replies: 12
Views: 1641

Re: looking for adise on mod quad

<t>Hi,<br/> <br/> My son is now almost 8 years old. He had the mod quad done at 28 months. He had it done at the Brachial Plexus Clinic at Texas Children's Hospital (Which is no longer operating). <br/> <br/> We were very hopeful when he was very small that he would not need any surgeries. He seemed...
by Connie&Andrew
Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:43 am
Topic: neurofibromatosis (non-bpi)
Replies: 7
Views: 1162

Re: neurofibromatosis (non-bpi)

<t>Thank you all for your support. <br/> <br/> Any information or experiences are so helpful. That is the one thing I like about this board. We can take many different people's point of view or experiences and then we can sift through them all and take what we feel is useful for us and our families....
by Connie&Andrew
Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:37 pm

Re: neurofibromatosis (non-bpi)

<t>Just thought I'd give a little more information. So far she does not have any really severe problems. We have an appointment with a geneticist and hopefully they will be able to let us know a little more about what type she has and what we need to be concerned about.<br/> <br/> Thanks for your al...
by Connie&Andrew
Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:49 pm

neurofibromatosis (non-bpi)

<t>My 4 year old daughter (not my bpi child) has just been diagnosed with neurofibromatosis. It is a genetic disorder, of which there is no cure. We are just beginning our search for information and I was just wondering if anyone here has any experiences or information that they would be willing to ...