Search found 139 matches

by cherie_hohertz
Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:13 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: ILizarov Bone Lengthening
Replies: 11
Views: 2129

Re: ILizarov Bone Lengthening

<t>DeShawn,<br/> <br/> I am so sorry to hear that Rain is facing another surgery. I wish you would tell me these things!!!<br/> <br/> Of course, no experience with the Ilizarov here, but just know that you'll be in our thoughts and prayers. You have my number, so keep me updated!<br/> <br/> Cherie</t>
by cherie_hohertz
Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:53 pm
Topic: Anyone from TX
Replies: 5
Views: 1400

Re: Anyone from TX

Hi there!

I live in Dallas and we have a North Texas support group. Where are you moving to?

Please feel free to send me an email at chohertz@udallas.edu.

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Cherie
by cherie_hohertz
Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:51 am
Topic: NON BPI - Adnoid removal experience???
Replies: 7
Views: 1281

Re: NON BPI - Adnoid removal experience???

<t>Hey Krista!<br/> <br/> Sarah had her adnoids removed when she was about 14 months. She had the same problems as Ella.. stuffiness all the time, constant sinus infections, etc.<br/> <br/> They took her adnoids out at the same time they put tubes in her ears. After that, I can count on one hand the...
by cherie_hohertz
Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:29 pm
Topic: Do you think that?
Replies: 17
Views: 2891

Re: Survey

<t>About a year ago, I used my librarian powers and sent an email to the National Institute of Health (NIH) and asked them this very question. They said they do not keep statistics and I should contact the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). I did. Their response was that they don't keep s...
by cherie_hohertz
Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:50 pm
Topic: Another new member
Replies: 4
Views: 812

Re: Another new member

<t>Hi Veronica.<br/> <br/> Welcome to the boards. So sorry you have a need to be here, but I hope that you will find support and encouragement along this journey.<br/> <br/> I'm Cherie, mom to Sarah (ROBPI) who is now 4. We live just outside of Dallas.<br/> <br/> Looking forward to chatting with you...
by cherie_hohertz
Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:40 pm
Topic: Dallas Morning News
Replies: 0
Views: 684

Dallas Morning News

by cherie_hohertz
Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:13 pm
Topic: I copied this article from MSN today.- What about BPI's?????
Replies: 5
Views: 916

Re: I copied this article from MSN today.- What about BPI's?????

<t>Yes, I agree that they're talking about the mothers gaining the weight. But, overweight and/or obese mothers are a risk factor for shoulder dystocia. As is gestational diabetes, which from this article, can be caused by gaining as little as 7 lbs. <br/> <br/> Interesting article..<br/> <br/> Cher...
by cherie_hohertz
Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:09 pm
Topic: MRI Questions
Replies: 11
Views: 1563

Re: MRI Questions

<t>Hi Amanda.<br/> <br/> Sarah had an MRI when she was about two, and they sedated her for that. It really wasn't too bad!<br/> <br/> They gave her the sedation rectally, and within about 30 seconds, she was completely out. They did the MRI (took about 45 minutes), and by the time she made it to the...
by cherie_hohertz
Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:49 am
Topic: Severity of Injury an Obstacle?
Replies: 21
Views: 1786

Re: Severity of Injury an Obstacle?

<r>Hi Amy.<br/> <br/> My daughter is 3 and has a pretty severe injury. We've had two surgeries and a third is getting closer and closer.<br/> <br/> Sarah does tap, ballet, and tumbling. These exact questions came up when I was enrolling her... Do I enroll her and set her up to fail, or do I keep her...
by cherie_hohertz
Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:53 am
Topic: Another question
Replies: 13
Views: 1721

Re: Another question

<t>Hi there!<br/> <br/> I think this is really a personal choice. I know there are some mothers who have opted for another vaginal birth, with better monitoring so that the baby doesn't become too large, and different birthing techniques used.<br/> <br/> We are expecting our second child in July, an...