Search found 1240 matches

by claudia
Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:38 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Cosmetic treatment
Replies: 4
Views: 4208

Re: Cosmetic treatment

Botox IS used in bpi treatment, but not to make the arm look more "normal". It is used to help with contractions of muscle. The only way to have a bpi arm look more "normal" is to use it.... and I agree with the previous post... therabands, light weights...swimming... And then th...
by claudia
Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:37 pm
Topic: Experience with Dr Alain Gilbert
Replies: 1
Views: 3467

Re: Experience with Dr Alain Gilbert

I have met Dr. Gilbert a number of times. He is a nice man, but if you are in the US, you have A LOT of docs much closer to you. Perhaps I missed it,but I didn't see where you are from. You can find a list of docs right on this website. I believe in getting at least 3 opinions, but you can do that r...
by claudia
Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:29 pm
Topic: Hand surgeries
Replies: 3
Views: 2573

Re: Hand surgeries

John: I'm sorry to hear about your injury. Have you gone on the TBPI board?? They are a great bunch of people and know all the docs who do TBPI surgery. They are not always the same as the ones who do the OBPI (babies). Many of the docs you hear about on this forum are pediatric docs... Good luck an...
by claudia
Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:18 pm
Topic: Osteotomy
Views: 3846

Re: Osteotomy

Hi Corrine: I don't know which doctor you are planning to use for the osteotomy, but you should get at least 3 opinions. The osteotomy is a surgery designed to reposition the hand. It does not straighten the elbow. The bent elbow is due to two things: 1. position of the humeral head in the shoulder ...
by claudia
Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:42 pm
Topic: need help please
Views: 2416

Re: need help please

Michelle: I am from long island also, however, I now live in south carolina. we use both drs. kozin and price. kozin is our go-to guy. so easy to talk to, smart and easy for juliana to relate to (she is 12 now). juliana has had 4 surgeries. her last one, 3years ago was with price. i always recommend...
by claudia
Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:23 pm
Topic: Dr. Nath
Replies: 18
Views: 11340

Re: Dr. Nath

First off, go get another opinion, if you are wondering if you are doing the right thing. the next... it is a rare thing to find a SURGEON who does not want to cut. Most will cut the air out of a balloon. If Kozin, a SURGEON, does not want to cut, I would really take that to heart. Remember, bpi's a...
by claudia
Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:19 pm
Topic: Has anyone been to Cincinnati Children's?
Replies: 6
Views: 4107

Re: Has anyone been to Cincinnati Children's?

Generally, you should get at least three opinions before doing anything. I have met the docs at Cincinnati Children's and like them very much. We also use Dr. Waters at Children's Hospital Boston, Dr. Kozin at Shriner's Philly, Dr. Price in NYC, Dr. Armenta in Houston. We have also gone to LA to see...
by claudia
Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm
Topic: to MARYMOM
Views: 2670

Re: to MARYMOM

Marymom!
We have scholarships available...
Go to the camp tab and follow the directions.

Hope you can come!

claudia
ubpnCamp2012 Co-director
by claudia
Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:49 pm
Topic: Dr. Nath
Replies: 18
Views: 11340

Re: Dr. Nath

We have a resource page on this site. You can look up all kind of information about the different docs who do bpi surgery. I suggest you get at least 3 opinions. Each child is different and there are many different opinions as to how to treat bpi. We used Dr. Nath and were not happy with the results...
by claudia
Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:39 pm
Topic: need suggestions for soccer throw-in
Replies: 1
Views: 1401

Re: need suggestions for soccer throw-in

Kate:
have you done a search.. I remember talk of this years ago...we have had a lot of soccer players here!

Juliana is not one of them!! btw, can't believe Joshua is 8... how time flies!

claudia