by lmungin
Mon May 09, 2011 9:46 pm
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: Establishing a support group in the Carolinas
Replies: 0
Views: 1844

Establishing a support group in the Carolinas

Good Evening All,

I am interested in starting a support group in Charlotte, NC. If anyone is intereted, please feel free to email me at themungins@yahoo.com if you don't want to reply on this post.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Teesha
(D.J.'s mom - 9 yr. old LOBPI & Laila's Mom, too)
by lmungin
Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: Support group for Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas
Views: 2079

Support group for Charlotte, NC and surrounding areas

Good Afternoon, I hope that everyone's doing well. I would like to know if anyone is interested in joining me to help bring Brachial Plexus Awareness to the Carolinas? If so, please contact me as soon as possible on this message board or @ my email address: themungins@yahoo.com. I've been interested...
by lmungin
Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:17 am
Forum: BPI Awareness
Topic: Fundraiser/Legal question
Views: 1882

Fundraiser/Legal question

Hi, Our son is 9 yrs old and has a LOBPI, he's had two surgeries since birth and has been scheduled for a third at the Texas Brachial Plexus Institute in June, 2011. I'd like to have a fundraiser in his honor to help with medical expenses. Is it okay to send a letter to family/friends, organizations...
by lmungin
Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:48 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Botox??
Replies: 8
Views: 7088

Botox??

<t>Good Afternoon,<br/> <br/> We have a 7 yr. old LOBPI who has had 2 surgical procedures, ongoing therapy, etc. The OT was in a car accident and we didn't have OT for at least 9 months, now he's tight under the arm; she suggested that we speak with the neurosurgeon to do Botox to release the tensio...
by lmungin
Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:27 pm
Topic: Legal Action??
Replies: 23
Views: 2928

Re: Legal Action??

<t>We've had consultations with at least four lawyers, maybe more since October 2002. Our son is 5 1/2 now, still receiving Occupational Therapy and has had two surgeries to date. Each lawyer we meet with reviews our file, forwards it to an examiner and months later, sends us a letter saying that th...
by lmungin
Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:53 pm
Topic: What child can wear over / under splint / cast??
Replies: 5
Views: 1576

Re: What child can wear over / under splint / cast??

<t>Good evening,<br/> D.J. had surgery a few months ago and I have some sweatshirts that were only worn once,maybe twice,that were sewn to fit around the cast and later the brace. If you're interested, please let me know. In the meantime, please know that we were faced with this dilemma and didn't w...
by lmungin
Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:22 pm
Topic: How do you choose the right Dr..for your most precious???
Replies: 10
Views: 1244

How do you choose the right Dr..for your most precious???

<t>Hello, My name is LaTeesha....Our son, D.J. is 5 years old, has a LOBPI. He had the primary surgery at 6 months of age at N.C. Baptist Hospital, performed by Dr. Andrew Koman...He's been following him since about 4-5 months of age; We've had a consultation with Dr. Shenaq about 2-3 yrs. ago durin...
by lmungin
Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:42 am
Topic: Is inducing labor a cause?
Replies: 28
Views: 4415

Re: Is inducing labor a cause?

<t>I was induced. We went to Labor & Delivery because I thought my water had broken (1st child). My Blood Pressure was high and my legs/ankles were swollen. We stayed overnite. The Dr. placed this pill on my cervix to thin it out in order to start dilation, then another a few hrs. later. The nur...
by lmungin
Sun Jan 25, 2004 3:31 am
Topic: We settled our lawsuit. I only hope that I did
Replies: 6
Views: 773

Re: Lawsuit Phases/Stages

<t>Good Morning,<br/> Just wondering if you can give me some advice on the stages they go through. We've contacted two attorneys so far. Unfortunately, one of them said that the dr. followed procedures and there wasn't anything he can help us with. The other is looking at the records and stuff, he's...
by lmungin
Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:43 am
Topic: Day Care/Potty Training
Replies: 2
Views: 426

Day Care/Potty Training

Hi, it's me. I forgot to ask about day care? Do we need to make any special considerations when seeking child care?

D.J. has a left arm injury, I need help/suggestions in trying to potty train in the next month since I haven't started.