Search found 192 matches

by veggiebug
Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: College Scholarships
Replies: 4
Views: 5779

Re: College Scholarships

There's always an option of contacting your local OVR (Office of Vocational Rehabilitation), they sometimes offer grants for college for those with disabilities. I didn't get all that much from them, but every little bit helps, and they also gave me a summer employment opportunity as well.

-Traci
by veggiebug
Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Anyone heard from...
Replies: 2
Views: 2833

Re: Anyone heard from...

Nope, I think he stopped using Facebook, or he's hidden.

My guess is he's in a different place and is doing well on his own. I think about him too, just hoping all is well with him.

-Traci
by veggiebug
Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:30 pm
Topic: Medicalert bracelets
Replies: 7
Views: 3698

Re: Medicalert bracelets

Can't believe I somehow missed this post.

If anyone has an interest in the MedicAlert bracelets they can contact me at traci@ubpn.org

-Traci Foster
by veggiebug
Tue May 15, 2012 8:36 pm
Topic: Who's coming to camp?
Replies: 20
Views: 10373

Re: Who's coming to camp?

Yay Mel! Can't wait to see ya again!

Rachel, that sucks! I'll miss ya there! But you def have a lot going on. I wish you and your mom the best.

-Traci
by veggiebug
Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:43 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: CAMP
Replies: 5
Views: 5730

Re: CAMP

At this point there is no official deadline for camp. When there is I'm sure they will post it.

-Traci
by veggiebug
Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:55 pm
Topic: Milestone....PLANE TICKET PURCHASED FOR CAMP...
Replies: 5
Views: 5708

Re: Milestone....PLANE TICKET PURCHASED FOR CAMP...

Yay Amy, how funny I forgot to ask if you were going! Looking forward to it!

Mel, plz go! You know you'll have fun and who will I zip with? I thought about the rock wall too. Phineas will miss you!

-Traci
by veggiebug
Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:16 pm
Topic: I just want some support
Replies: 6
Views: 4681

Re: I just want some support

Nice to meet you! Welcome as Judy said. I'm a 32 yr old mom, with a ROBPI. I have a 5 yr old and a 1 yr old. I think they bring on the biggest challenges for me these days. My son will say "mom put your arms like this" while raising his up, and I have to tell him I can't, even harder was w...
by veggiebug
Fri Aug 12, 2011 6:56 pm
Topic: Different places?
Replies: 1
Views: 2925

Re: Different places?

Camps had moved around for years, but UPBN is trying to have a central location. It is a bit of a drive, but it was worth it, planning on doing it again next year. I'm from Williamsport PA and I know in the past I've seen smaller groups that have picnics, keep an eye on the event area.
by veggiebug
Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:55 pm
Topic: New to the site!
Replies: 3
Views: 1567

Re: New to the site!

Hello, let me assure you that you are not alone in your worries and fears. I think all parents have had a lot of the same thoughts. It hasn't been all that long since your little girl was born and there is a lot to process. My son was born Aug. 23, and had a mild injury as well, but everything seems...
by veggiebug
Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:23 pm
Topic: I loooooooooved camp
Replies: 8
Views: 6266

Re: I loooooooooved camp

Your song totally touched my heart. It was awesome! I was choked up by it, it made me connect with all my fears I had my first days with Phineas.

Thank you so much!