Search found 119 matches

by Kimberly
Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:51 am
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Who's Going To Camp???
Replies: 2
Views: 6868

Who's Going To Camp???

I am so excited that Brittany, who will be 17, ohmygoodness!!!, wants to yo yo camp this year!!! Who is going?? I can't wait!! We missed 2012 because I was in the middle of a divorce, and he wouldn't let me travel with the girls. But we will be there this year!!!!!
by Kimberly
Tue May 22, 2012 10:33 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Tattoo question
Replies: 4
Views: 1983

Tattoo question

I have been wanting to get a tattoo in honor of my daughter Brittany that has a ROBPI. I have thought about a blue ribbon, but our awareness ribbon is silver. Has anyone done anything? Does anyone have any ideas? Just something small, not too big.
by Kimberly
Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:51 am
Topic: BPI and fevers!
Replies: 3
Views: 1703

Re: BPI and fevers!

My daughter is 13 and still knows when she is going to get sick before any symptoms show up because of the tingling and pain in her BPI arm. Has always been this way.
by Kimberly
Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:47 am
Topic: Diaphragm issues at age 12?
Replies: 5
Views: 2553

Re: Diaphragm issues at age 12?

Brittany is 13 and has a partially paralyzed lung and diaphram on the right side. She is right OBPI. She does experience pain if she runs a lot, or dances a lot. When she starts breathing rapidly for a period of time, that is when the pain starts. Her lung and diaphram just can't move the air.
by Kimberly
Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:22 pm
Topic: Maia is severely burned from forgetting sunscreen at the wrong time.
Replies: 31
Views: 4434

Re: Maia is severely burned from forgetting sunscreen at the wrong time.

<r>We have just been using Mederma cream for her scars. They are healing nicely. She may eventually have to have the scar removed from her finger from the skin graft. Just a little bumpy, but that will be up to her. That would be a cosmetic thing. <br/> <br/> I am sooooo sorry that Maia got burned s...
by Kimberly
Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:12 pm
Topic: Maia is severely burned from forgetting sunscreen at the wrong time.
Replies: 31
Views: 4434

Re: Maia is severely burned from forgetting sunscreen at the wrong time.

<t>Francine,<br/> Sorry to hear about Maia. Just FYI for those of you that don't know this.... BPI arms do burn much quicker than an unaffected arm. Brittany received a third degree burn on her BPI hand and had to have a skin graft and therapy. The therapist said from the nerve damage, the nerves an...
by Kimberly
Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:55 pm
Topic: Camp UBPN Rescheduled for 2010
Replies: 15
Views: 9097

Re: Camp UBPN Rescheduled for 2010

<t>I am SOOOOOOOO disappointed to have to wait until 2010!! That is 26 months away!!! 14 months is PLENTY of time to make plans and at good rates! Are you sure we have to wait until 2010??? This is something that Brittany looks so forward to every two years and she is going to be so disappointed. Pr...
by Kimberly
Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:35 am
Topic: Mad as a HORNET
Replies: 14
Views: 2677

Re: Mad as a HORNET

<t>Back in 1999, us and several other families went to DC and met with Social Security Administration. We were presenting to them that "curable" needed to be taken out of their vocabulary. That this injury was not curable, and that every child had a different outcome. So, it is kind of frustrating t...
by Kimberly
Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:31 am
Topic: Group Camp Photo
Replies: 1
Views: 2143

Group Camp Photo

How can we order the group camp photo that we had taken Sunday morning?
by Kimberly
Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:29 am
Topic: let's give thanks!
Replies: 18
Views: 9751

Re: let's give thanks!

<t>I want to say Thank you to all of the BOD!! You are a great group! I love all of you!! And Brittany does too! She never forgets any of you from camp to camp!<br/> <br/> Before UBPN, we were a part of a support group in Texas, and attend two camps with them. Then, with UBPN, this was our fourth ca...