Search found 12 matches

by shan2321
Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:51 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Introductions thanks to 20/20...lurkers welcome
Replies: 215
Views: 61625

Re: Introductions thanks to 20/20...lurkers welcome

<r>It's been a year or 2 since I've been on this site. I used to post, but then got busy. Oops! Anyways, I'm Shannon, I'm a LOBPI, I'm 24 living in Homestead, FL. Having BPI has been rough, I get depressed a lot about it but what can you do.. I have a wonderful husband (but no kids yet) I'm currentl...
by shan2321
Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:46 am
Topic: What type of sports did you play?
Replies: 32
Views: 4618

Re: What type of sports did you play?

<r>I have LOBPI and I've played ice hockey my entire life. well up until about 3 years ago when the town I live in got rid of their only ice rink <E>:-(</E> but I was even recruited to play college, unfortunately I was only good enough for a partial scholarship, so I went instate instead <E>:)</E> I...
by shan2321
Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:36 am
Topic: Bra Staps (again!)
Replies: 15
Views: 3010

Re: Bra Staps (again!)

<t>GOt the problem here too! I also like to use the ones that clasp in the front, but I do have some of the other ones and I just put it on backwards, then twist it around to the right way, and then put the straps on last. I also adjust the strap for my OBPI arm to be shorter.. that helps for it to ...
by shan2321
Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:02 am
Topic: OBPI - a big plus for shingles....
Replies: 5
Views: 1970

Re: OBPI - a big plus for shingles....

When I had chicken pox when I was a kid... I don't remember vividly but from what my mom said, I had a few bumps on my obpi side, but definitely not as much as the rest of me.

Shannon
by shan2321
Fri Jun 04, 2004 6:39 am
Topic: Should we take legal action?
Replies: 9
Views: 1176

Re: Should we take legal action?

I wish my parents would have as well. but at the time I think the issue was not the hospitals fault, but the moms fault for having a big broad shouldered baby... Oh well, too late now. :-P
by shan2321
Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:40 pm
Topic: Martin Sheen
Replies: 10
Views: 2793

Re: Martin Sheen

<r>I hope this link works. Here you can DEFINITELY see the difference in his left and right arms... Least he can open his hand all the way.. <E>:-P</E> lucky...<br/> <br/> <URL url="http://www.prisma-online.de/image/64/mm7a2f86b2ca8b2164.jpeg"><LINK_TEXT text="http://www.prisma-online.de/image/64/mm...
by shan2321
Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:16 pm
Topic: Is Anyone from Florida
Replies: 5
Views: 1088

Re: Is Anyone from Florida

I'm in Florida. Tallahassee right now, soon to be moving down south. Anywhere from West Palm Beach to Miami.... not sure yet. My internship is in West Palm, but apartments are so expensive up there!
by shan2321
Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:55 am
Topic: Introductions thanks to 20/20...lurkers welcome
Replies: 215
Views: 61625

Re: Introductions thanks to 20/20...lurkers welcome

<t>I'm a little late to post to this topic but here I go, I'm a left OBPI. I'm 22yrs old and about to get my Master's degree in Sport Administration. Yeah! I have pretty good movement of my arm, but can't extend it upward and my ring and pinky fingers are just about useless..lol My wrist curves my h...
by shan2321
Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:42 am
Topic: ODD SITUATION
Replies: 7
Views: 1588

Re: ODD SITUATION

I use the wet roll too and prop the arm up on the wall... you know what's a pain in the rear though? shaving. put eoderant under the good arm WITH the good arm isn't so bad... but trying to shave that bad boy... goodness.
by shan2321
Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:39 am
Topic: Anyone Golf?
Replies: 6
Views: 1565

Re: Anyone Golf?

I've tried golf before, I just use my good arm as the bottom one, I can get a pretty good shot off that way. Same in hockey, I was pretty good at ice hockey and used my good arm basically to whack the puck. good ol' lefty didn't do much.

Shannon