Search found 17 matches

by CyndiAnn
Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:28 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH BPI QUESTION!!!!
Replies: 8
Views: 1785

Re: PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH BPI QUESTION!!!!

<t>Hi Leigh!<br/> <br/> I definitely had the "Drop Wrist" caused by my ROBPI when I was born 51 years ago. When I was 12, I had a tendon transfer done. They took a tendon from the interior side of my arm and transfered it to the exterior side. This worked great! When I was 23, this tendon gave out, ...
by CyndiAnn
Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:35 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Has anyone seen this therapist? Paula Galaviz MS, OTR, CHT
Replies: 9
Views: 1326

Re: Has anyone seen this therapist? Paula Galaviz MS, OTR, CHT

<t>Paula is wonderful! I have seen both her and Dr. Matloub several times. As a matter of fact, I will be seeing them tomorrow. Paula has always answered my E-mails when I've had a question. She is very helpful and knowledgeable. A very caring and compassionate person. I'd recommend her in a heart-b...
by CyndiAnn
Mon May 16, 2005 9:42 pm
Topic: I HAVE BPI HAVE A QUESTION
Replies: 2
Views: 669

Re: I HAVE BPI HAVE A QUESTION

<t>Hi Ratz!<br/> I'm 50 & have had ROBPI since birth. I was about your age when I started having tendonitis in my right wrist and fingers. I never really "babied" my hand & was able to put up with the discomfort. As I got older, however, the pain seemed to last longer & get stronger. I c...
by CyndiAnn
Fri May 06, 2005 8:38 pm
Topic: Let's see how silly we really can be
Replies: 59
Views: 23332

Re: Let's see how silly we really can be

My right OBPI arm was always "My Dumb Arm". But everyone was always aware to look out for "The Lefty", because that arm made up for the "Dumb" one.
You should have seen me climb trees with one arm; my family figured that I was part monkey!
Cyndi (50 ROBPI)
by CyndiAnn
Thu May 05, 2005 8:26 pm
Topic: Other difficulties
Replies: 4
Views: 1073

Re: Other difficulties

I asked my mother over the weekend if I crawled. She said that I didn't, but my other (non-OBPI) siblings didn't either. We all started walking around 9 months. I guess we had too much to do & didn't want to waste any time!
Cyndi (50 ROPBI)
by CyndiAnn
Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:49 pm
Topic: Forceps, Vacuum, or Hands Survey
Replies: 49
Views: 4524

Re: Forceps, Vacuum, or Hands Survey

50 years ago, I was delivered by the hands of a doctor who did not believe in Caesarian Sections. My poor mother! I send her flowers every year on MY birthday!
Cyndi (ROBPI)
by CyndiAnn
Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:09 am
Topic: VERY SCARED SURGERY ON TUESDAY
Replies: 7
Views: 701

Re: VERY SCARED SURGERY ON TUESDAY

<t>Steve & Family -<br/> You most certainly have my prayers. I'm an older ROBPI (50). Since I'm the one who went through the surgeries when I was younger (tendon transfers), I guess I didn't realize what my parents must have been going through. You will definitely be in my thoughts & prayers...
by CyndiAnn
Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:11 pm
Topic: RBPI artist!
Replies: 6
Views: 667

Re: RBPI artist!

<t>What a wonderful support system we have in these Message Boards! I never realized until now that I, too, give only one-armed hugs! I guess I have a lot of "catch-up" hugs to give!<br/> Being an older ROBPI (50), I find it so refreshing to hear the younger parents share their stories & suggest...
by CyndiAnn
Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:23 pm
Topic: BPI Poster---I need help
Replies: 21
Views: 1536

Re: BPI Poster---I need help

<t>Tanya -<br/> What a great opportunity for promoting awareness! I agree with Kath about the "Birth to Grave" aspect. Being an older ROBPI, I'd suggest a series of photographs. Such as: 1) a young child trying to play with a toy; 2) an older child trying to swing a baseball bat or golf club, or str...
by CyndiAnn
Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:49 pm
Topic: We are meeting with a lawyer.
Replies: 11
Views: 1109

Re: We are meeting with a lawyer.

<t>Kath-<br/> I have very poor circulation (my arm is even cold in the summer!) & small veins also. My left, so-called "good arm" (I am 50, & my left arm has obviously been grossly over-used) also has small veins & it sometimes takes 2 or three tries to get a needle in. <br/> I sometimes...