Search found 22 matches

by sydsmom
Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:43 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Has anyone been to Cincinnati Children's?
Replies: 6
Views: 4107

Re: Has anyone been to Cincinnati Children's?

Hi..My daughter is 12 years old, we live in Cincinnati & have seen the doctors at Cincinnati Children's several times with the last time being a couple weeks ago. I would certainly suggest you visit with them. They haven't done any surgeries on her (she had those done in Houston), but they are v...
by sydsmom
Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:57 pm
Topic: Questions about osteotomy
Replies: 5
Views: 2459

Re: Questions about osteotomy

Wow..8 surgeries? That's a lot! So, are you from the Houston area? How old is your son? I'm really glad he's doing better. This is such a hard thing for us to go through as parents, but much worse for the kids :(
by sydsmom
Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Questions about osteotomy

Thanks ironmansmom, I'm glad your son is doing better now. That's exactly what I'm afriad of. I don't want her to have to go through a surgery that doesn't help. Where did you have it done if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking about sending all the records to Dr. Nath to get a 2nd opinion. He di...
by sydsmom
Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Questions about osteotomy

Saw the doctors in Cincinnati. They think that the osteotomy might be a possibility for my daughter (12 years old). Just wanting to get some info on it. Did it help? Was it painful? How bad is the scar? What kind of splint? Those type of things...Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
by sydsmom
Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:02 am
Topic: Volleyball help-BPI
Replies: 8
Views: 3079

Re: Volleyball help-BPI

Thanks for the help guys. It's good to know that she'll be OK if she can never set. I appreciate it!
by sydsmom
Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:36 am
Topic: Looking for Emily (Hannah's mom)-Cinti
Replies: 0
Views: 1061

Looking for Emily (Hannah's mom)-Cinti

Hey Emily...it's Deanna. I've been wanting to contact you, but I don't have your current info. My email address is deanna.alfieri@macys.com or my cell is 513-304-1365. Thanks and I hope everything is going well with you guys!
by sydsmom
Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 am

Karen, A "labaro" is a good idea. I had never heard of that. I might mention it to her coaches. That might be a good option for her. No, she can't really hold her arm above her head for a long time. She can kind of put it up there, but only for a few seconds. I feel like she's doing pretty...
by sydsmom
Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:28 pm

Thanks Sarah! That's very helpful. I'm glad you had a coach that was understanding and helpful. Her coaches are good too. I'm just having a hard time determining the difference between "pushing" and "encouraging". Like you said, I don't want her to get to the point where she hate...
by sydsmom
Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:02 am

Volleyball help-BPI

Hi. My daughter is 12 and has been playing volleyball for a few years now but it's been very low key and not real competitive. She's never been able to "set" the ball, she always has to "bump" and her coaches have always been OK with it. Since they're getting older and more compe...
by sydsmom
Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:27 pm
Topic: Help!! Daughter having trouble washing her hair!
Replies: 12
Views: 3317

Re: Help!! Daughter having trouble washing her hair!

Thanks Marieke,
I would really like some tips on how she can do her own ponytail. That would be great!!! Thanks!