Search found 25 matches

by melnruss
Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:02 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Atlanta physicians
Replies: 1
Views: 1120

Atlanta physicians

I am looking to get my son established as a patient at the Brachial Plexus Injury clinic at Scottish Rite in Atlanta, GA. Does anyone have any experience here? I know they have a new doctor, Dr. Ratner. His bio said he trained at Shriner's in Philadelphia, which is where we normally go. I just wante...
by melnruss
Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:35 pm
Topic: families near springfield, mo
Replies: 7
Views: 2098

Re: families near springfield, mo

We actually live in GA, but my entire family is in Springfield, MO. We will be there the week of Thanksgiving.
by melnruss
Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:42 am
Topic: GA parents, Where do you take your children for bpi care?
Replies: 4
Views: 1916

Re: GA parents, Where do you take your children for bpi care?

<r>We live in Atlanta, Covington area, and we see Dr. Kozin in Philly. We are very happy there and actually have to see him again in August. We also saw Dr. Schwentker, but I fell in love with Dr. Kozin and his staff. We do use OT and PT at a CHOA satellite clinic and I can't say enough wonderful th...
by melnruss
Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:28 pm
Topic: Tendon transfer Dec 18 w/Dr Kozin
Replies: 14
Views: 3740

Re: Tendon transfer Dec 18 w/Dr Kozin

<t>My son had the tendon transfer last year. The cast doesn't cover the scar. It is about 3 to 4 inches and is mostly in the armpit area. I hate the Philly airport. Security takes forever. Luckily for us, Brendan was crying so a TSA agent saw him in his cast and took us to the front of the line. The...
by melnruss
Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:47 pm
Topic: KISS concert video from last night - Maia is the drummer.
Replies: 8
Views: 1051

Re: KISS concert video from last night - Maia is the drummer.

Fran,

I just watched the video you posted on you tube entitled "Pre & Post". Forgive my ignorance and you probably posted it before, but what surgery did she have?

Thanks,
Melinda
by melnruss
Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:56 pm
Topic: School HELP
Replies: 6
Views: 1659

Re: School HELP

<r>Hey,<br/> I was just online and found a website <URL url="http://www.lefthandusa.com">www.lefthandusa.com</URL>. It has a link for purses and luggage. Have you thought about a messenger tote? You can reverse the strap on that and it can go over either shoulder. He may be to little for one of thos...
by melnruss
Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:51 pm
Topic: sunburn
Replies: 3
Views: 580

Re: sunburn

My son's BPI arm ALWAYS burns. I always put stronger sunscreen on his injured arm and have to reapply to it much more often than the rest of his body. I guess it is a sensory thing.
by melnruss
Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:37 pm
Topic: Anyone in Panhandle Florida??
Replies: 2
Views: 730

Re: Anyone in Panhandle Florida??

Hi,

We actually live in Atlanta, but we will be vacationing in Panama City in October. We'd love to meet you, I know it is a long way off. Feel free to email me if you'd like

Melinda
by melnruss
Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:18 pm
Topic: Health Insurance
Replies: 12
Views: 1531

Re: Health Insurance

<t>GAMOM,<br/> I have the same insurance and they gave me huge problems paying for my son's therapy after his 1st birthday due to diagnosis issues. Anyway, we went round and round and round. Finally, I told them that I was getting the insurance commissioner's office involved. Two hours later, I rece...
by melnruss
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:57 pm
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: Planning next Atlanta area gathering
Replies: 7
Views: 3771

Re: Planning next Atlanta area gathering

Hey Carol. This is Melinda. The 10th works well for us. My niece's birthday party is on the 3rd, but if it works out best to have the gathering on the 3rd, we'll make arrangements. We look forward to seeing all of you again.

Melinda