Search found 16 matches

by cathy@ubpn.org
Thu Jun 06, 2002 12:42 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Aqua Therapy Class In San Diego
Replies: 0
Views: 470

Aqua Therapy Class In San Diego

<t>Hi Everyone,<br/> Aurora Lopez of the San Diego Brachial Plexus Network called today and asked me to post the following information:<br/> <br/> San Diego Children's Hospital and Health Center is offering an Infant/Toddler Swim Program!<br/> <br/> 4 Sessions (1 hour each) for a total of $50.00<br/...
by cathy@ubpn.org
Sun Mar 31, 2002 9:06 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Anyone in Southern California?
Replies: 4
Views: 1693

Re: Anyone in Southern California?

<r>Hi Carolyn,<br/> Not sure you got the info you requested, but San Diego has an active community and would love to include you in their activities. We are hosting an art exhibit/musical benefit in May, and we're proud to say that our 7th? (possibly 8th? I've lost count!) annual picnic is scheduled...
by cathy@ubpn.org
Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:46 am
Topic: Would you choose surg for an obpi child of your own
Replies: 11
Views: 3452

Re: Would you choose surg for an obpi child of your own

<t>Great discussion. Kathleen, I wish to respond to a comment you made, which was so important. "Using your body for strength" (not just fingers or hand) is what Feldenkrais Method is all about. I really encourage people to look into this therapy method more closely. It has been amazing for us to wa...
by cathy@ubpn.org
Fri Mar 08, 2002 11:28 am
Forum: Suggestion Box & Forum Help
Topic: Wish list for 2002 Awareness
Replies: 3
Views: 3117

Re: Wish list for 2002 Awareness

<t>These are great ideas. The more you share your ideas, the greater the opportunity we'll have to explore them and hopefully implement them. Soon, I imagine, people will be back on the Awareness Board, as this year's effort is already underway, and things will start happening before we know it! Tha...
by cathy@ubpn.org
Mon Feb 11, 2002 3:34 am
Topic: What Can We Do?
Replies: 5
Views: 2311

Re: What Can We Do?

Such appreciative and sincere comments all around. Many thanks for your ideas. UBPN Executive Committee is meeting in a few weeks, and we'll be sure to discuss in greater detail. Thanks again, Cathy
by cathy@ubpn.org
Mon Feb 04, 2002 12:05 am
Topic: Any one had pneumonia lately
Replies: 15
Views: 6113

Re: Any one had pneumonia lately

I knew where you were going, Steve! Not a problem! Cathy
by cathy@ubpn.org
Sun Feb 03, 2002 5:18 pm
Topic: Any one had pneumonia lately
Replies: 15
Views: 6113

Re: Any one had pneumonia lately

Hi All,
I was reading and had to chime in here. I was told that C4 affects respiratory system...My daughter has had asthma since birth (6 months old)...It would be interesting to see if there's a connection. Good medical study opportunity! Feel better!
Cathy Kanter
by cathy@ubpn.org
Sun Feb 03, 2002 5:05 pm
Topic: What Can We Do?
Replies: 5
Views: 2311

Re: What Can We Do?

<t>Thanks to those of you who responded to me privately regarding my post on this message board. From what I've been able to gather, there are ways in which the adult obpi community could be better served, such as helping to address emotional support issues relating to growing up with a bpi, finding...
by cathy@ubpn.org
Sun Feb 03, 2002 4:06 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: people come & go!
Replies: 17
Views: 3897

Re: people come & go!

<t>I know that feeling too. Can't tell you how many times I've posted something and no one responds. I may be the president of UBPN, but I'm a member of this community too!!<br/> <br/> From what I've seen, it seems that people post a response to a medical question when they feel fairly confident tha...
by cathy@ubpn.org
Sat Feb 02, 2002 8:19 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Good NEWS.... FINALLY
Replies: 6
Views: 1821

Re: Good NEWS.... FINALLY

<t>Hi Traci and Joe,<br/> I am SO happy to read your post. I've often wondered how you and Joe were getting along after Camp last summer. This is indeed great news. Big smiles and lots of happiness from San Diego! I've been wondering if Joe ever tried any of the therapy methods from camp at home? Af...