Search found 13 matches

by susan
Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:53 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Great Picnic today!
Replies: 7
Views: 989

Re: Great Picnic today!

Thanks to everyone that put the picnic together. It was helpful seeing Dr. Nath after being 10 months post.The wait wasn't bad--plenty to do thanks again!
by susan
Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:49 pm
Topic: OBPI HAND/FINGER BITING
Replies: 10
Views: 6680

Re: OBPI HAND/FINGER BITING

<t>My 10 year old did this as a young toddler, he tells me now that it didn't hurt, but that it "felt good"- he needed some type of stimulation. He would even let his little brother use his finger as a teething ring. Try to stop your child immediately and then maybe do some message type stimulation ...
by susan
Fri May 10, 2002 5:02 pm
Topic: e-stim
Replies: 8
Views: 1174

Re: e-stim

Thanks for the replies---Ben is doing well with the e-stim and the OT and PT want to continue..I'll keep you posted.
by susan
Mon May 06, 2002 4:00 pm

Re: e-stim

Francine, thanks for the reply! I really don't have questions only because I don't know enough about it to ask questions----yet. As we go, I might. I'll check the website you gave-thanks. Ben might enjoy having a pen pal--we would be interested in starting, so let us know.
by susan
Fri May 03, 2002 4:37 pm

e-stim

Ben, 10 years old, had mod quad surgery in Nov.2001. He has seen a lot of movement and is impressed with what he can do. The OT and PT are working with e-stim quite a bit and say he responds well. What does anyone know about this treatment and has there been any benefits?
by susan
Fri Jan 18, 2002 5:05 pm
Topic: out of splint today!
Views: 1760

Re: out of splint today!

<t>Thanks for the input. We met the PT last night and she worked well with Ben. He actually came home and put the splint on for bed---we didn't have to hunt for it. I think he is really addicted to the splint and isn't going to admit it ---tough to be 10 years old. Anyway, I'd like to know more abou...
by susan
Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:33 am

<t>Benjamin is 10 years old, which gives me the benefit of knowing he can tell me what he is feeling. He hasn't really complained of any pain, but this morning he had some discomfort taking the splint off again---nights for 8 weeks. He told me he would be throwing the splint out tonight, so I should...
by susan
Wed Jan 16, 2002 7:04 pm

Thanks for the encouragement! What do you mean stablize? His arm can come down already. He is eager to use it.
by susan
Wed Jan 16, 2002 5:31 pm

out of splint today!

<t>Benjamin is out of his splint today after 8 weeks and headaches with insurance for therapy!!!! I'm concerned that he is holding his arm funny. I'm also worried about whether he will have improvement. Do you see it right away or after therapy??? Anyone that can offer some thoughts or reassurance w...
by susan
Wed Dec 19, 2001 3:49 pm
Topic: 9 year old with Erb's Palsy
Replies: 5
Views: 1440

Re: 9 year old with Erb's Palsy

<r>Hi! My name is Susan and my ten year old son, Benjamin, just had surgery in Texas on Nov. 20. He was diagnosed with Erb's shortly after birth. He had no movement until about 4 months of age, and even then not much. He had some therapy throughout the years and lots of fighting with the insurance. ...