Search found 8 matches

by kburr55
Wed May 17, 2006 11:45 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Jacksonville Mayo
Replies: 7
Views: 957

Re: Jacksonville Mayo

<t>I made my appt.w/ Dr. Murray and he wants to do a muscle/tendon transfer in August. He will be using the latisimus dorsi and the trapezeis (SP). He said it would give me some motion. I'd be able to lift my arm at the most 12" and get some lateral motion. Sounds weird but I'd love to get my arm of...
by kburr55
Wed May 17, 2006 11:16 am
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189496

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

I'm Kelly with a right bpi due to a fall. I'm in Clearwater Florida now but this happened in Carmel California.
by kburr55
Mon May 08, 2006 3:44 pm
Topic: What's going on?
Replies: 2
Views: 929

Re: What's going on?

Me too. I'm too new to know why or how but maybe someone is looking and just posting instead of going back?
by kburr55
Mon May 08, 2006 3:41 pm
Topic: Cymbalta
Replies: 28
Views: 5742

Re: Cymbalta

<t>Just another experience.....I had an allergic reaction to cymbalta and the duralgesic pacth fentynal. I actually would rather have the pain than to feel that sick and naseous. I'm sure something will help but I'm not knowledgable in my own experience as to what. I have norco and soma as my stand ...
by kburr55
Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:40 am
Topic: Jacksonville Mayo
Replies: 7
Views: 957

Jacksonville Mayo

<t>Has anyone been to Dr. Murray for a muscle/tendon transfer? I had the nerve transfer at Stanford 2 years ago with no deltoid improvement. I went to Rochester a year ago and they said to wait. SS has not come through so $ are a factor. I'm with my parents in Clearwater FL. I came here for ankle su...
by kburr55
Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:50 pm
Topic: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )
Replies: 670
Views: 189496

Re: ROLL CALL ( LURKERS TOO!!!!!!! )

My name is Kelly, 49 year old female, who fell off a deck in 2003 and have a right side tbpi. I had a nerve transplant in early 2004. I just found this board a month ago. Its more informative than most doctors!
by kburr55
Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:27 pm
Topic: muscle transfer
Replies: 3
Views: 950

Re: muscle transfer latissimus dorsi

<t>I'm sorry to hear about the pain that your husband is having. I do think the way your doctor is doing this is great. The Lat Dorsi transfer seems to work for children because you have to relearn it in your head. I'm 49 and they weren't all that encouraging about me regaining the use of my shoulde...
by kburr55
Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:24 pm
Topic: muscle transfer
Replies: 3
Views: 950

muscle transfer

<t>My injury occurred 2 1/2 years ago. I had a nerve transplant in April of 2004 at Stanford. The next step, I am told, is a latissimus dorsi transfer. The success rate for adults is not good. Dr. Warren King in Palo Alto told me the option was mine to try. this is my first time finding this board a...