Search found 290 matches

by mlynn
Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:03 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Birthing videos?
Replies: 6
Views: 1937

Re: Birthing videos?

we have a complete video of the bpi my son suffered. most hospitals do not allow video. we all know why. it helped get my son a settlement. so i guess we are lucky in the fact that this hospital allowed it. to see it is very sad. thank god we both lived through it.
by mlynn
Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:30 pm
Topic: I need Financial assistance
Replies: 5
Views: 916

Re: I need Financial assistance

or florida kidcare
by mlynn
Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:30 pm
Topic: I need Financial assistance
Replies: 5
Views: 916

Re: I need Financial assistance

i live in florida too, Can u get help from the healthy kids program, or headstart? If u go to myflorida.com u can apply for state programs for children with special needs.
by mlynn
Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:28 pm
Topic: Mod Quad Surgery
Replies: 11
Views: 1816

Re: Mod Quad Surgery

we had mod in nov of 07. It was the best thing for our son. He is doing great. I love our doctor.
by mlynn
Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:32 pm
Topic: How do you know when it's right time to go to camp
Replies: 6
Views: 1451

Re: How do you know when it's right time to go to camp

We have not told our 4 yr old how the injury happened. In fact he does not even know his arm was a result of an injury. I am curious when the time others told their children about the details of this?
by mlynn
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:43 pm
Topic: lawsuit finally over
Replies: 4
Views: 788

lawsuit finally over

<t>we finally are done and won with a settlement and could not have without michael weiss, mary, and jeffery fuller. we put our son's money into a special needs trust. / I would recommend this to everyone! 3 and 1/2 years and it is wonderful to have this weight off our chests. this has been one heck...
by mlynn
Fri May 02, 2008 6:29 pm
Topic: Rates of injury
Replies: 7
Views: 1232

Re: Rates of injury

<t>for me, and that is all the data I have, it is clear! If I were given a section, I am positive that bpi would not have happened. the fact is he was a large baby that got stuck. if a section was given i would bet my life i would still have never heard of bpi. it is great that data is being done. w...
by mlynn
Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:48 pm
Topic: When did you stop formal therapy?
Replies: 7
Views: 1284

Re: When did you stop formal therapy?

We are 5 months post opp. He is 4 we have been in therapy since birth. we are down to 1 hour per week. We supplement with karate, and gym, plus lots of swimming. [ we live in florida so we can swim often] Swimming is awesome for the bpi. I truly believe karate is great too! Good luck!
by mlynn
Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:31 pm
Topic: Layer said no suit
Replies: 10
Views: 1464

Re: Layer said no suit

<t>I am not a medical doctor but, I have spent hours in research of bpi and have been around the us seeking answers [miami, boston, houston, philly] and i truly believe that bpi can and hopefully one day be a historic injury. in my opinion i think it is always a fault of the ob. misjudgment of the b...
by mlynn
Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:34 pm
Topic: 7yo LOBPI playing baseball
Replies: 10
Views: 1294

Re: 7yo LOBPI playing baseball

<t>we have our 4 yr old son in karate to help him with using the injured arm[karate is one of the only sports that uses the left and right body] i have noticed a difference just in 6 weeks on him using his r arm more/ his brain was used to using the left for most things. i hope he continues with thi...