by Ben's Dad
Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:15 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Looking for upstate NYers?
Replies: 15
Views: 2423

Re: Looking for upstate NYers?

Hi,

We live in Brewster, NY (about 1 hour north of NYC).
by Ben's Dad
Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:12 pm
Topic: Speech Problems/Delay?
Replies: 14
Views: 1734

Re: Speech Problems/Delay?

My son had speech therapy as well for about 4 years. It helped him a great deal. My feeling is that if there is any correlation to BPI it is probably in the lack of oxygen at time of birth. Maybe one day when more research is done we'll find out more.
by Ben's Dad
Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:25 pm
Topic: The BPI Community Needs A Spokesperson
Replies: 18
Views: 3441

Re: The BPI Community Needs A Spokesperson

<t>hi jenny,<br/> I think the main goals in having a spokesperson or celebrity "sign on to your cause" is to: 1) gain a whole lot of awareness through media outlets and their notoriety; and 2) as the article mentioned, it helped this couple raise a great deal of $ for their cause and awareness...as ...
by Ben's Dad
Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:04 pm
Topic: We settled our lawsuit
Replies: 6
Views: 835

Re: We settled our lawsuit

Grant's Mom,
Well said...I echo Francine's reply...congratulate you on the settlement and on seeing it through - that is a long time to wait for some justice. Thanks for thinking of others who haven't had a good outcome.
by Ben's Dad
Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:20 pm
Topic: MRSA infection
Replies: 11
Views: 1237

Re: MRSA infection

Thanks for the all of the helpful information. I agree with the over-medication of antibiotics...but hey, if the drug companies are giving you all kinds of perks for prescribing their drugs...how can you really say no.

Tanya...just say NO to the candy...you have the power!!!
by Ben's Dad
Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:40 pm
Topic: Awareness {kinda long im on a mission}
Replies: 4
Views: 1021

Re: Awareness {kinda long im on a mission}

<t>If I may make a suggestion, writing to Congress is a good start..if you see some of the other recent posts about "changing the system" you can get more suggestions, writing to CDC, NIH...etc..<br/> I would not waste any time writing to the Supreme Court, the Court is not a political branch of gov...
by Ben's Dad
Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:20 pm
Topic: How to change the system???
Replies: 9
Views: 1005

Re: How to change the system???

<t>Kath,<br/> I read your post and see Mare's post above and makes me think..it's incredible..in 65+ years, almost nothing has changed. There is absolutely no impetus for the medical profession to change it's ways...as long as BPI's go unreported. They continue to consider them a nuisance and as par...
by Ben's Dad
Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:25 pm
Topic: Do you think that?
Replies: 17
Views: 2891

Re: Do you think that?

Bumping up for "anotherbpimom"
by Ben's Dad
Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:15 pm
Topic: How to change the system???
Replies: 9
Views: 1005

Re: How to change the system???

<t>Beth,<br/> I think your login name says a lot. Unfortunately, kids continue to get hurt and no one seems to care...it's nuts, just nuts. I know there has been talk (UBPN Board) of trying to get some government entity to track the cases of BPI and require reporting, honestly, I don't know if any p...
by Ben's Dad
Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:36 pm
Topic: Did you know this about Ron Paul...interesting - non BPI
Replies: 3
Views: 1093

Did you know this about Ron Paul...interesting - non BPI

<r>I just learned yesterday for the first time that Ron Paul (Texas congressman running for president - Republican party) was an ob\gyn and delivered about 4,000 babies. Then I wondered, he must have opposed the laws that the current President wanted to put in place recently that would have limited ...