Search found 346 matches

by Mica
Tue May 27, 2014 4:58 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Surgery at Mayo on 3/11
Replies: 2
Views: 2086

Re: Surgery at Mayo on 3/11

I wish your son great success with this surgery!!!!! As a mom, I know how hard it is to watch our kids struggle - and also how on top of the world we feel when they get something back this injury took away. We'll be praying for your family to continue the great recovery! :)
by Mica
Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: learning to sit up
Replies: 6
Views: 2597

Re: learning to sit up

Our daughter's injury was bilateral - her right more affected than her left - but she still had major issues with her stronger arm at your daughter's age. Aria actually learned to sit up on her own before her left arm was really strong enough or coordinated enough to help much. She would sling herse...
by Mica
Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:16 pm
Topic: Help w/ dress straps
Replies: 4
Views: 2817

Re: Help w/ dress straps

Okay - this will sound totally weird, but it works. Get some puff paint in the same color as the strap and paint dots or a stripe down the inside of the strap that keeps falling. (It's the same concept as the stuff on the bottom of anti-slip socks.) It's flexible, not irritating to the skin, and if ...
by Mica
Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:48 am
Topic: ***Updated*** Ive Got an Appointment with Dr. Kozin
Replies: 18
Views: 5280

Re: Ive Got an Appointment with Dr. Kozin

I would definitely contact him before the MRI. Hang in there. Things really do get better. Our daughter has a bilateral injury, and at three months, could barely use her left arm and had absolutely no movement in her right arm or hand. I thought the terror of all of it would last forever - but take ...
by Mica
Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:33 am
Topic: ***Updated*** Ive Got an Appointment with Dr. Kozin
Replies: 18
Views: 5280

Re: Ive Got an Appointment with Dr. Kozin

I strongly second the advice to hold off on the EMG and MRI. Strongly. We put our daughter through an EMG when she was about 3 months old, right before we took her to see Dr. Kozin for the first time. The test was extremely painful for her - and worse, not truly indicative of recovery in an infant. ...
by Mica
Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:53 pm
Topic: Who here has had success post avulsion, after surgery?
Replies: 6
Views: 5424

Re: Who here has had success post avulsion, after surgery?

Zio, Our daughter is OBPI, not TBPI - but she had two transfers (in addition to a boatload of grafts). She had C6 (avulsed) transferred into C5, which was moderately successful. However, transferring her suprascapular nerve into her spinal accessory nerve was wildly successful. It sucks that it wipe...
by Mica
Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:38 am
Topic: My latest arm surgery
Replies: 34
Views: 14518

Re: My latest arm surgery

Angela, I'm the mom of a fabulous 4-year-old with a bilateral OBPI, and I've been following your posts about these last procedures. I'm just so happy for you!!! It's wonderful the things you're now able to do. I know how hard you've worked, and what you've had to go through to get these movements ba...
by Mica
Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:03 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: How is little Phineas?
Replies: 7
Views: 3601

Re: How is little Phineas?

Yay, Phineas!!! That's wonderful news! :)
by Mica
Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:41 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: How is little Phineas?
Replies: 7
Views: 3601

How is little Phineas?

Traci,

How is little Phineas doing? How are YOU doing?

Just letting you know we are all thinking of you and praying for your family.

<><
m
by Mica
Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:47 pm
Topic: Amaya's surgery
Replies: 1
Views: 909

Amaya's surgery

Hoping Amaya's surgery went well, today!!! Update us when you can. Until then, we'll be praying for your family!

<><
mica