Search found 43 matches

by ccorkra
Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:51 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: GA parents, Where do you take your children for bpi care?
Replies: 4
Views: 1916

Re: GA parents, Where do you take your children for bpi care?

<r>Hi Kristin,<br/> We live in Atlanta and take our daughter to the Brachial Plexus Clinic at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite. Here is the link:<br/> <br/> <URL url="http://www.choa.org/default.aspx?id=1159">http://www.choa.org/default.aspx?id=1159</URL><br/> <br/> Our primary doct...
by ccorkra
Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:10 pm
Topic: attorney info sought
Replies: 13
Views: 2259

Re: attorney info sought

<r>Hi Sidney's Dad,<br/> We had a case in Atlanta, GA and our local attorney was Tommy Malone. He called on Stuart Grossman, who is in FL because he has a TON of BPI experience. We found him to be a great attorney and his staff is also great. We definitely felt confident with him during the process ...
by ccorkra
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:45 pm
Topic: aqua therapy
Replies: 11
Views: 1747

Re: aqua therapy

<t>Hi!<br/> My daughter Lucy (3 1/2) is currently in aquatic therapy. We alternate with PT on land every other week. Our regular PT also does the aquatic therapy with her. Our providers submit the claim to insurance as a regular PT session and we haven't had a problem yet. That may be something to l...
by ccorkra
Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:40 pm
Topic: Its been awhile have a question
Replies: 3
Views: 1080

Re: Its been awhile have a question

<r>It also depends on what kind of splint you are looking for. My daughter's OT wanted her to wear a functional hand splint that would keep her from resting on the back of her hand. We went with a Benik, they are light weight and made out of neoprene. Our OT ordered a sizing kit and told us what the...
by ccorkra
Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:10 pm
Topic: Mayo Clinic MN
Views: 1097

Re: Mayo Clinic MN

<t>We did not see the doctors at the Mayo clinic but our daughter had the same injury, C5-C7 ruptured and C8 & T1 avulsed. She did not have any movement at all though prior to her primary surgery and she has Horner's syndrome. <br/> <br/> We are now about 2 1/2 years post surgery. Lucy now has s...
by ccorkra
Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:58 pm
Topic: Cracking or poping sound
Replies: 11
Views: 1884

Re: Cracking or poping sound

<t>We noticed clicking in our daughter's shoulder and her OT and PT were both concerned. At our last appt. the orthopedic surgeon saw her and said it was fine. He explained that because the muscles and tendons of the shoulder were not as strong and much looser than the unaffected arm, that it was ju...
by ccorkra
Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:52 pm
Topic: My duaghter and options
Replies: 13
Views: 1812

Re: My duaghter and options

<t>Hi,<br/> We had the exact opposite experience with Dr. Nath. We had already been to see 2 surgeons and they were both of the opinion to do surgery by 3 months of age to preserve the muscles in our daughter's arm/hand. She had no movement at all in her arm & hand. She was about 6 or 7 weeks ol...
by ccorkra
Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:16 pm
Topic: Update: Surgery Complete with 3 months old
Views: 1134

Re: Update: Surgery Complete with 3 months old

<t>My daughter had a similar injury (C5-C7 ruptured and C8 & T1 avulsed) and we also decided to do surgery by 3 months time. She is now almost 3 and has sensation down to her fingertips and is gaining more strength and movement everyday. It will be a very long trying road to recovery and each ch...
by ccorkra
Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:50 am
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: Planning next Atlanta area gathering
Replies: 7
Views: 3772

Re: Planning next Atlanta area gathering

<t>Hi everyone, <br/> <br/> There is an update for the next Atlanta area BPI family gathering. Unfortunately we will not be able to meet during October but we are looking at two dates in November - the 3rd or the 10th. Please reply to this post or to Jill when she sends out an email as to whether th...
by ccorkra
Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:19 am
Topic: Torn??
Replies: 31
Views: 4162

Re: Torn??

<t>Hi Dawn,<br/> This is definitely a very personal issue. We decided to sue mainly because we wanted to make sure that Lucy was taken care of later in her life if she needs further surgeries and therapy and possibly lost income. I think that one major thing to find out is if there is a statute of l...