Search found 43 matches

by MWhitted
Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:56 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Clenched Fingers/Fist
Replies: 4
Views: 1312

Re: Clenched Fingers/Fist

<t>My son who is 2 1/2 years old has always had his fingers and wrist clenched but in the last year or so he extends his pointer finger and is constantly putting small toys in is hand to hold. He also wears a splint at night for his thumb to extend. <br/> <br/> Its slow but progress and its asking u...
by MWhitted
Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:55 am
Topic: Hello Again
Replies: 3
Views: 951

Re: Hello Again

Neala is her name. It means Little Champion

Maria
by MWhitted
Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:55 am
Topic: NEW NAME FOR ALL MOTHERS!!
Replies: 6
Views: 805

Re: NEW NAME FOR ALL MOTHERS!!

You know I thought of that too! I also wrote once into Oprah about BPI. Trying to bring awareness but didn't hear anything. We should try again!!!

Maria
Mother to Amaru ROBPI
by MWhitted
Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:54 am
Topic: Hello Again
Views: 951

Hello Again

<t>It has been quite a while since I have posted. My son, Amaru, is going to be 2 next month. He just became a big brother. I had my daughter Aug 25th via c-section at a completely different hospital then the one he was born. The experience was very surreal, especially because two little arms and fi...
by MWhitted
Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:39 pm
Topic: Ideas
Views: 741

Re: Ideas

<t>Well he doesn't really seem to have much. I mean his finger stretch and twitch and his wrist is not always in the relaxed position. Theres potential he just refuses to use it. Like I said he can grasp items but he either grabs it with his left hand or releases by bringing his hand up in supine an...
by MWhitted
Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:11 pm
Topic: Ideas
Views: 741

Ideas

<t>Hi everyone,<br/> <br/> I just had our 3 month meeting with our OT and Early Intervention casemanager and as we looked at his goals from the last time, Amaru unfortunately did not reach them. I need some help. Currently Amaru's biggest problem is that he does not use his hand. He refuses to hold ...
by MWhitted
Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:58 pm
Topic: Many new things
Views: 1128

Re: Many new things

Thank you. I wouldn't know what to do without this board sometimes.

Maria
by MWhitted
Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:58 am
Topic: Many new things
Views: 1128

Many new things

<t>Hi everyone,<br/> <br/> Its been a while since I have posted. I always try to stop by and read what;s going on. There are so many things going on that I am truly exhausted. First, Amaru is just getting bigger by the day. We saw his doctor recently and decided against any surgerys. He seems to be ...
by MWhitted
Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:23 pm
Topic: Question
Replies: 7
Views: 1167

Re: Question

Thanks for your statements. My son is only one but I know that one day he will ask me and I was trying to do something special for him. Thanks again

Maria
by MWhitted
Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:23 pm
Topic: Question
Replies: 7
Views: 1167

Question

<t>If you could have a children's book that helped you explain your child's injury to your child, what would you like it to say? I am thinking a book for a child up to the age of 8 or 9. I am in the process of writing one for my son. Any help would be great.<br/> <br/> Maria<br/> Amaru's mom 1 year ...