Search found 108 matches

by Its1105
Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:31 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Won court case!
Replies: 1
Views: 2180

Won court case!

5 years after my surgery and my malpractice case is finally over! My surgeon settled with me two weeks before the case went to trial!!! I just thought I would let everyone know. It is a huge relief for me to not have to go to court and now I am able to pay some bills off. I hope everyone is doing we...
by Its1105
Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:27 am
Topic: Deposition
Replies: 0
Views: 1242

Deposition

I have my deposition for my malpractice case on Thursday. I am super nervous. Mine stems from a doctor cutting my nerves during a surgery. I meet with my lawyer tomorrow to review and talk about what is going to happen. But I am still really nervous about it.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
by Its1105
Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:06 am
Topic: Has anyone been to Cincinnati Children's?
Replies: 6
Views: 4107

Re: Has anyone been to Cincinnati Children's?

I had Dr. Mih of the Indiana Hand and Shoulder Center do my surgery for BPI. He works through Riley Hospital for Children though as well and MAINLY does his BPI surgeries on the little ones - that is how my doctor found him to do my surgery for my TBPI. He did an awesome job on me. I am sure you are...
by Its1105
Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:56 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: E-stim or Tens unit wanted will pay$$
Replies: 3
Views: 3982

Re: E-stim or Tens unit wanted will pay$$

I am still using mine or I would pass it along, but do you have insurance that could pay for yours after your doctor writes a new script for it? Mine rented mine for me and then after I had it for so many months of them renting it they paid it off and I just got to keep it. After it paid it off I ju...
by Its1105
Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:50 am
Topic: Studying Medicine with a Brachial Plexus Injury
Replies: 5
Views: 3619

Re: Studying Medicine with a Brachial Plexus Injury

I studied nursing with my BPI. I recieved mine during a surgery and had my nerves severed at C5-C6 and the suprascapular nerve. I also recieved much function back but still lack some feeling, do not have complete ROM, and have chronic nerve pain as well as aching when my arm is hanging down/not full...
by Its1105
Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:37 pm
Topic: lawsuit update
Views: 1643

lawsuit update

Hey Everyone! Well it has been just over 3 years since my injury, which occurred December 3, 2008 which was due to a surgery for those that don't know. I finally got my information about my medical malpractice lawsuit! It went through the Indiana Medical Review Board - 3 doctors review it. 2 were in...
by Its1105
Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:16 am
Topic: Medical Review Panel Today
Replies: 7
Views: 3041

Medical Review Panel Today

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on here in a while due to a lot of crazyness going on in my life. However, today marks multiple important things: 1. The medical review board will be meeting today, July 12th, to review my case of my doctor severing two nerves (suprascapular and C5/C6 at Erbs pt) during a...
by Its1105
Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:15 am
Topic: Medical Review Panel Today
Replies: 1
Views: 1035

Medical Review Panel Today

Hi Everyone, I haven't been on here in a while due to a lot of crazyness going on in my life. However, today marks multiple important things: 1. The medical review board will be meeting today, July 12th, to review my case of my doctor severing two nerves (suprascapular and C5/C6 at Erbs pt) during a...
by Its1105
Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:34 pm
Topic: Medical Mission Trip - Help
Views: 1083

Medical Mission Trip - Help

Haiti was has been devestated by cholera, earthquakes, and flooding since 2010. while other countries right now are also experiencing great natural disasters, we should not forget about those that have had them in the past and are still struggling to get back to their optimal level of functioning. H...
by Its1105
Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:06 am
Topic: Recommended Surgeons
Replies: 15
Views: 8870

Re: Recommended Surgeons

Dr Mih in Indianapolis IN at the Indiana Hand and Shoulder Center is great! He works out of multiple hospitals in Indy, including Riley Children's Hospital. He did my surgery for my TBPI, but the way my doctor found him was becuase a colleague stated that he did BPI surgeries on kids at Riley. He di...