by Shan_n
Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:37 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Dr. Kozin
Replies: 5
Views: 1205

Re: Dr. Kozin

Hi.

We will be there April 24th at 9 am as well. Please feel free to email me Shannon.Furlong@gmail.com.
by Shan_n
Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:46 pm
Topic: Looking for Support
Replies: 3
Views: 1179

Re: Looking for Support

Hi..Where in MD are you? I'm in Mclean, VA which is 10 mins from bethesda and 45 mins from Baltimore. Feel free to email me Shannon.Furlong@gmail.com
by Shan_n
Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:53 pm
Topic: New..Advice and What to Expect
Replies: 13
Views: 4681

Re: New..Advice and What to Expect

<t>Thank you all for your great advice. We have decided to see Dr. Kozin and have our first appt this Fri, I am very much looking forward to this. The first few weeks of her life were so hard and up until I found this site I felt so alone. I do not see her injury anymore instead I only see my beauti...
by Shan_n
Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Topic: Any children 's book recomendations?
Replies: 4
Views: 1082

Re: Any children 's book recomendations?

I was able to buy them online. Here is a link if anyone else is interested. The total for all 3 books came out to 14.00 USD.
http://www.erbspalsygroup.co.uk/merchandise.asp
by Shan_n
Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:57 pm
Topic: Any children 's book recomendations?
Views: 1082

Any children 's book recomendations?

Hi. I saw a few children's books on a UK Erb's palsy website named Herbie and his special arm and Herbie has an operation and was wondering if anyone knows of any similar children's books for sale in the U.S? Thanks in advance:-)

[Edited by: admin on Feb 16, 2009 1:02 AM]
by Shan_n
Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:19 pm
Topic: Dr. Nath video evaluation
Views: 1097

Re: Dr. Nath video evaluation

<t>Thank you. I also sent an application to Shriners in Phili about a week and a half ago. I also have an appt with Dr. Keating here at Children's Hospital in DC at the end of the month. I just keep hearing that an effective surgery should be performed at approx 3 months, she has 3 avulsions... I am...
by Shan_n
Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:02 pm
Topic: Dr. Nath video evaluation
Views: 1097

Dr. Nath video evaluation

Hi--My daughter is 7 weeks old with RBPI, I sent a video evaluation to Dr. Nath about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from him? Does he suggest surgery just from that or do you need to see him for an evaluation in person as well? Thank you in advance!
by Shan_n
Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:12 pm

Re: New..Advice and What to Expect

Thank you all for your encouragement, advice and kind words. I am so very happy I have found this website for support and information.
by Shan_n
Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:25 pm
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: Anyone in the DC/Virginia Area?
Replies: 1
Views: 2104

Anyone in the DC/Virginia Area?

Hi. My daughter is currently 5 weeks old and would meet other moms whose children have a BPI or learn about events I can attend in my area.
by Shan_n
Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:07 pm

New..Advice and What to Expect

<t>Hi. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl last month 12/08 with a BPI with nerve root avulsion. I have been just trying to educate myself on her injury and am so glad I found this forum! Does any one have any advice that you wish you would of known, what can I expect for my daughters future, surg...