Search found 240 matches

by AngelaW
Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:22 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Coming back!
Replies: 2
Views: 2512

Re: Coming back!

Hey, you soumd like you are in a great place and staying positive. Good luck and High-fives (with our good hands.... lol :lol:

Ang :)
by AngelaW
Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 pm
Topic: Videos: Before and After Surgeries
Replies: 28
Views: 14513

Re: Videos: Before and After Surgeries

So glad they helped out! :)
by AngelaW
Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:37 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: SSD/SSI information current.
Replies: 15
Views: 12852

Re: SSD/SSI information current.

Wow talk about timing. This is amazing. I'm up for my 3 year review with SSD and this is exactly the information I was researching for. Wish me luck.
by AngelaW
Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:38 pm
Topic: Visine for horners
Replies: 4
Views: 2723

Re: Visine for horners

wow, that's fascinating...........and Visine is nice and CHEAP!!! ;P
by AngelaW
Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:04 pm
Topic: TBPI... Is this a "learning experience"?
Replies: 13
Views: 7298

Re: TBPI... Is this a "learning experience"?

I like the person I've become since the accident. I feel like going through such hardships acted sort of like a distillation process where now I feel like I'm really "Me." without all the extra debris, if that makes sense. I hope your pain gets better; a good book is just as comforting as ...
by AngelaW
Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:55 pm
Topic: LAST SURGERY!!!
Replies: 5
Views: 3166

Re: LAST SURGERY!!!

Thanks :) Saw my doc yesterday and got the splint off. So far everything is looking great and now I can extend for a low handshake and it looks pretty darn natural. I get to have a Bone Stimulator too to help heal the bone. Sounds very Sci-Fi/Horror genre, don't you think? We'll be shooting an offic...
by AngelaW
Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:39 pm
Topic: fingernails
Replies: 3
Views: 2253

Re: fingernails

I remember when I was going through a lot of surgeies, my nails had a thick, opaque, wrinkly, white look only on the bpi hand, and once I stopped needing so much surgery, that grew out over a year into a heathy nail. I never remembered to ask about it, but I'm just guessing that for myself, it was s...
by AngelaW
Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:28 pm
Topic: Headed to Minnesota
Replies: 16
Views: 9665

Re: Headed to Minnesota

This is interesting because I had so many surgeries (for the whole body, not just the arm) that I moved to Rochester so I never had to worry about a hotel stay. From what i've read the hotel advice seems pretty solid. Khalor and marriot are pretty nice, and the khalor is especially convienient if yo...
by AngelaW
Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:23 pm
Topic: LAST SURGERY!!!
Replies: 5
Views: 3166

LAST SURGERY!!!

Had my last official surgery this week to rotate my arm into a better position. Yay!!! It's been 3 years and around 30 surgeries (4 in the last 2 months). It's nice to be at the end. I will have to find a new hobby. ;P (oh and don't worry, of all those surgeries, only about 5 were for the brachial p...