Search found 75 matches

by Brenda
Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:23 pm
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: INFORMAL meet & greet at SOuthcenter Starbucks on I-5 Washington State
Replies: 29
Views: 16305

Re: INFORMAL meet & greet at SOuthcenter Starbucks on I-5 Washington State

I just updated my email in the UBPN system - it was a really old one in there. Sorry. -Brenda
by Brenda
Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 pm

<t>ARGGGGG! I am so bummed we missed it again. Something must be wrong with my email because I didn't get any messages. We will be coming down to South Center on Thursday to pick up Tara's brother. <br/> Meeting you is SO very important to my daughter, so please don't give up on me yet.<br/> <br/> T...
by Brenda
Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:55 pm

<t>Hello again!<br/> Sorry for the delay I have been a day camp director for the last few weeks and rarely saw a computer! <br/> <br/> We are free come down to meet (at other's convienance) until the 27th of July when we get our exchange student for a few weeks.<br/> <br/> Thanks!<br/> <br/> Brenda ...
by Brenda
Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:26 pm

Will you be meeting at SouthCenter Starbucks again any time soon?

~Brenda Scamehorn - I have been around on and off since 2002, mom to Tara Grace age 6, with a LOBPI. Burlington WA
by Brenda
Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:54 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: learning to reading
Replies: 6
Views: 1188

Re: learning to reading

<t>Lisa,<br/> <br/> I have been teaching reading for a long time to beginning readers - even babies (yes, babies can read). First, there is no right way to learn to read nor is how your daughter's processing wrong.<br/> My daughter Tara (LOBPI) age 4 has been sight reading small words since she was ...
by Brenda
Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:35 pm
Topic: WA Gathering- We're set!
Replies: 7
Views: 2822

Re: WA Gathering- We're set!

We should be on your list and did not get a message. Thanks!
Brenda Scamehorn
scamair@earthlink.net
mom to Tara Grace w/ LOPBI 4 yrs old
Burlington WA
by Brenda
Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:21 pm
Topic: No Bicep by age two
Replies: 7
Views: 1005

Re: No Bicep by age two

<t>Hello! It's been a while since I posted. I was lurking again and read your post and wanted to share our bit with you.<br/> My daughter Tara has a LOBPI. She had the nerve graft and the secondary surgery. Her injury was on the severe side. At 2 years old we still did not see any bicep or tricep pr...
by Brenda
Sat May 07, 2005 12:36 am
Topic: bpi side awkward gait
Replies: 6
Views: 707

Re: bpi side awkward gait

<t>At my daughter, Tara's therapy they have these air filled rubber disc like things (not sure what they are called) some are bumpy some smooth - they are about 12-15 inches wide. They each have different amounts of air which forces her to balance and concentrate on walking.<br/> To Tara it is calle...
by Brenda
Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:52 pm
Topic: chiropractic and Erb's Palsy
Replies: 15
Views: 3327

Re: chiropractic and Erb's Palsy

<t>Jen,<br/> <br/> We have been approached about this by a trusted family friend who is a chiropractor. Both of us parents have undergone chiropractic care with success. <br/> <br/> Our friend gave us the same 'speal' about how a few adustments would have helped Tara. But my question is and this is ...
by Brenda
Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:43 pm
Topic: Need Water Therapy Exercises
Replies: 10
Views: 1893

Re: Need Water Therapy Exercises

<t>When I was first researching PT's for our daughter Tara, LOBPI I ran into this same problem. The pediatric PTs in our area had huge waiting lists. <br/> <br/> Don't give up! I decided to call every PT clinic in the area regardless if they took kids or not. When I called for a consultation I expla...