Search found 87 matches

by bfaithda
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:03 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: BPI and Xbox Kinect
Replies: 2
Views: 2013

BPI and Xbox Kinect

Hey everyone! Haven't asked a question in awhile, but here I go! I am thinking about getting my kids an Xbox kinect, but I want to make sure Brayden will be able to use it about as good if not better than the WII. He can use the WII, but there are alot of game he wants to play that he has to use a c...
by bfaithda
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:01 am
Topic: BPI and Xbox Kinect
Replies: 0
Views: 1366

BPI and Xbox Kinect

Hey everyone! Haven't asked a question in awhile, but here I go! I am thinking about getting my kids an Xbox kinect, but I want to make sure Brayden will be able to use it about as good if not better than the WII. He can use the WII, but there are alot of game he wants to play that he has to use a c...
by bfaithda
Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:56 am
Topic: Advice for Kindergarten
Replies: 2
Views: 1576

Advice for Kindergarten

Have not been on in a long time, but I need some advice for Brayden. He starts kindergarten next year, and I have his IEP meeting this week. Anything I you guys can think of that I need to make sure it is in his IEP. Some ideals I guess so I can make sure I have it all in there. Usually by the time ...
by bfaithda
Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:48 am
Topic: Toddler Bed Fall-out Prevention
Replies: 22
Views: 8279

Re: Toddler Bed Fall-out Prevention

I have seen something I was going to try with my son since he is in a regular bed. I read if you put a pool noodle under the fitted shit it will keep them from rollin out. My son is 2 and he is doing good so far so I have not tried it. I t sounds like it would work!
by bfaithda
Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:20 pm
Topic: Need Prayers ( Non BPI Related)
Replies: 1
Views: 1044

Need Prayers ( Non BPI Related)

My cousin and his wife just found out today that his son Rylan has a cancerous tumor on his back. He is going to have surgery this week to remove it and will have a very long road ahead! Please keep them in your prayers, they can use all the prayers they can get!
by bfaithda
Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:04 am
Topic: Looking for some Task Solutions.
Replies: 11
Views: 6194

Re: Looking for some Task Solutions.

My son had a brace that velcroed around his waist and his arm velcro to it, like a sling. He slept with me until he was about 8 months also. I had to put him in his own bed because I was 7 months pregnant. It took a couple of nights of listening to him cry, but he finally would just lay down and got...
by bfaithda
Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:17 am
Topic: Lauren's 2 Month Update
Replies: 5
Views: 2606

Re: Lauren's 2 Month Update

Your story brings back memories of when my son was that age! He is now 3, soon to be 4 in about a month! He just had his second surgery about a month ago. His arm did the same things at that age, nothing. He had 2 ruputures, and 3 avulsions. His shoulder shrugged a little and that was it. His should...
by bfaithda
Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:46 am
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Camp UBPN 2012 Save the Date
Replies: 36
Views: 25904

Re: Camp UBPN 2012 Save the Date

That is to funny Carolyn!! That made me check mine to make sure I did do that!! LOL!!!
by bfaithda
Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:26 pm
Topic: Scar Massage
Replies: 12
Views: 5079

Re: Scar Massage

My son too has one along his back calf and last vistit the dr didn't like the look of the scar or the build up so he gave us a silicon patch to put directly over it and a ace bandage to keep it in place for a few hours or over night for scar therapy ....It worked wonders the scar was less visible a...
by bfaithda
Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:11 pm
Topic: Scar Massage
Replies: 12
Views: 5079

Re: Scar Massage

Thank you for the info! Today has been better massaging his leg. He let me massage it for a very long time tonight with not complaining. I am going to look into the silicone patches. Has one area that seems more like a knott on and aroud his scars. I am hoping massaging will help it!