Search found 30 matches

by momo5
Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:56 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: SSI for grandson
Replies: 0
Views: 1300

SSI for grandson

Does anyone have any advise for obtaining SSI for my grandson? I have been told that there has to be damage to 2 extremities in order to qualify. Matthew has a LOBPI which means that only his left arm was affected. He has had 2 surgeries and is now able to move his left arm but not his hand. Any adv...
by momo5
Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:56 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Pain in elbow?
Replies: 6
Views: 4842

Re: Pain in elbow?

Hi, I have a 4 yr old son with an OBPI injury to his left arm and has had a nerve transfer and a tendon transfer to his wrist. My question is other than pain to the elbow have any of you had pain to the hand? He complains every once in a while but the pain is excruciating where i have taken him to t...
by momo5
Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:04 pm
Topic: Handle bar extender
Replies: 3
Views: 2057

Handle bar extender

My grandson, Matthew, will be 5 next month. He's starting to ride his bike but we need a handlebar extender for him to be able to reach with his injured LOBPI arm. If anyone knows where we can buy one please let me know. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you and God bless.
by momo5
Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:54 am
Topic: Sharing progress with seeing a chiropractor
Replies: 10
Views: 4261

Re: Sharing progress with seeing a chiropractor

My 4 year old grandson has a LOBP injury. He goes to therapy twice a week. I've never heard of a chiropractor helping someone with this type of injury. Could you tell me what a chiroprator does that a therapist doesn't? How are they different? Thank you.
by momo5
Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:56 pm
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: Support group
Replies: 0
Views: 1964

Support group

We are looking for parents of OBPI children in the San Antonio, Texas area to form a support group to compare experiences and share stories of struggles and surgeries and accomplishments and hope. We can meet periodically , exchange phone numbers or email if you prefer. Please let me know if anyone ...
by momo5
Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:27 pm
Topic: Helpful Books
Replies: 3
Views: 1194

Helpful Books

These are some books that I think may help parents of children with BPI, or any other special needs. We've found them very helpful and inspiring. I ordered them online from Powell's Books.com but you may be able to find them at the library. I hope you find them helpful. "One-Handed in a Two-Han...
by momo5
Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:37 pm
Topic: Swimming
Replies: 7
Views: 1910

Re: Swimming

Thank you all for your replies, this gives me great hope for Matthew. God bless.
by momo5
Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:34 am
Topic: Swimming
Replies: 7
Views: 1910

Swimming

I have a grandson with an OBP injury and he's almost 4 years old. He loves to be in his inflatable pool, that we fill up to above his waist, and he is not afraid of the water but we have to keep an eye on him because he sometimes loses his balance and isn't able to help himself up quickly because of...
by momo5
Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:56 pm
Topic: New to Site. Seeking info for treatment of my sons BPI
Replies: 6
Views: 2587

Re: New to Site. Seeking info for treatment of my sons BPI

My 3 year old grandson, Matthew,was born with a LOBPI. He suffered the worst kind of injury where the nerves are completely torn out of his spine. He had nerve transfer surgery at 7 months and with therapy was able to get movement on his arm after a few weeks. He had tendon transfer surgery about 4 ...
by momo5
Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:38 pm
Topic: Lawsuit over and I'm back
Replies: 2
Views: 1203

Re: Lawsuit over and I'm back

Congratulations, FullHouse Mom!! I'm happy to hear someone won a BPI lawwsuit. Would you mind telling me which lawyer you hired to fight your case? We've been looking, but so far haven't found one who will take our case. They all say these types of cases are very hard to prove. Maybe your lawyer can...