Search found 5 matches

by nay
Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:05 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Advice needed for BP injury
Replies: 7
Views: 1985

Re: Advice needed for BP injury

<t>Mike,<br/> Brachial Plexus injuries are so tricky. Did anyone tell you that you have one for sure? If it's only been seven weeks and your already getting back movement it does not sound that bad. One of my nerves was severed from the spinal cord and the rest were stretched. I had a severe injury....
by nay
Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:09 pm
Topic: Surgery Scheduled
Replies: 23
Views: 5709

Re: Surgery Scheduled

<t>Oh yeah. My C6 nerve( main nerve for function) was severed from my spine. The surrounding nerves were streched beyond repair. My accident was in June of 05 and I did not have my first surgery until Jan 06. It is best not to wait that long but my arm was so messed up that surgeons/doctors just wan...
by nay
Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:59 pm
Topic: Surgery Scheduled
Replies: 23
Views: 5709

Re: Surgery Scheduled

<t>I had the surgery in January of 06. My Doctor removed the nerve from my calf and graphed it into my arm through my neck. Before the surgery my arm was completely paralyzed. I had to wear a brace on my wrist because my wrist hung down , I was in a sling, my shoulder was dislocated because of the d...
by nay
Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:46 pm
Topic: SOCIAL SECURITY
Replies: 4
Views: 1491

SOCIAL SECURITY

Can anyone tell me if they were given a hard time by Social Security? They told me to get a job walking and using my right hand.
by nay
Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:54 am
Topic: Amputation
Replies: 25
Views: 25542

Re: Amputation

<t>When I first became injured 4 years ago, I contemplated amputation because my arm was completely dead with 1 nerve severed from my spine and the rest stretched beyond healing. The pain was also unreal. I could easily say it was worse than having a child without an epideral but I knew that I could...