Search found 26 matches

by mjq1602
Thu May 29, 2014 12:14 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: I have designed a great sling
Replies: 19
Views: 8718

Re: I have designed a great sling

<r>I may have been interested in seeing this sling that you have but I am at the moment considering amputation!<br/> <br/> However, I lost the use of my right arm (have ok movement in shoulder) 22 years ago and only wore a sling for the first year.<br/> <br/> Since then I have been wearing a Brace/s...
by mjq1602
Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:43 am
Topic: gamers?
Replies: 21
Views: 3784

Re: gamers?

<t>Got a PS3 for xmas (well my son did)and I am totally blown away by how good it is. Not really played games for quite a few years.<br/> <br/> Anyway, as I am sure everyone else is i am always trying to find better ways to play. Only game I have no problem with playing with the dual shock controlle...
by mjq1602
Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:49 am
Topic: Amputation of left arm
Replies: 8
Views: 4362

Re: Amputation of left arm

<t>Hi Janelle,<br/> <br/> It's great to see you're doing so well already. It's interesting that it's the little things that you don't have to do anymore, like lifting your arm out the way when you sit down or holding it when getting out of bed, that make all the difference. And I'm sure once all the...
by mjq1602
Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:15 am
Topic: Considering Amputation?
Replies: 30
Views: 4734

Re: Considering Amputation?

<t>Hi Jack,<br/> <br/> It's good to hear that your pain has settled and indeed I'm sure mine has a bit too. I noticed a difference yesterday, it was still firing but not half as bad and today about the same. As long as it doesn't increase again I think I'll do ok without the meds.<br/> <br/> I'm ass...
by mjq1602
Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:20 am

I meant to say in my last post good luck to Janelle. I'm sure you are looking forward to it although I'd be surprised if you weren't getting a bit nervous!

All the best.

Mike
by mjq1602
Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:01 am

<t>I am now 2 weeks post op and thought I'd give an update on my recovery for those that have an interest.<br/> <br/> Firstly, the down side. A week after the amputation I started to get some pain like I used to get after my accident 23 years ago. You know the type, it's like a bolt of lightening fi...
by mjq1602
Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:23 am
Topic: gamers?
Replies: 21
Views: 3784

Re: gamers?

<t>Just bought a PS3 for my sons Xmas.<br/> <br/> I noticed the controller is the dual shock 3 but I bought an extra controller thats called sixaxis. Wasn't exactly sure what this could do so checked it out on the internet. To my surprise it is motion sensitive like the wiimote but seemigly not quit...
by mjq1602
Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:59 am

<t>Hello all.<br/> <br/> This is my post amputation post. I did say I'd let you all know how it went. Well here's a run down for all those that are interested on whats been happening to me.<br/> I know Jannelle you will have a particular interest in this with your op imminent.<br/> <br/> 4/11/08 Arr...
by mjq1602
Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:48 am

<t>Thanks for the replies,<br/> <br/> Jannelle it seems you have really been through it as have most of us and in some ways it's reassuring to know that there are other people out there that are going for amputation. It makes me believe it's not such a mad idea.<br/> <br/> It's exactly a week now un...
by mjq1602
Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:45 pm

<t>Hello there,<br/> <br/> Well the news is I've just got back from a lovely holiday in Sunny Florida, to discover a letter from the hospital confirming I've to check in on the 4th of November, with my operation to take place on the 5th.<br/> <br/> Well as you can imagine I've got mixed feelings! On...