Search found 562 matches

by Karen Hillyer
Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:32 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: my surgery is tuesday
Replies: 24
Views: 3441

Re: my surgery is tuesday

<t>Jennifer<br/> I hope that your surgery goes well - I will be thinking of you over here in the UK.<br/> You will be added to my prayer list.<br/> I do know that if love and support can help to cure you, you are in VERY safe hands here in the BPI community - there are hundreds of people here who ca...
by Karen Hillyer
Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:02 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: New with questions
Replies: 3
Views: 1071

Re: New with questions

<r>Hi Stargazer- I repled to you on the other board- but in case you didn't see it<br/> I am Karen and I am the Chair of the Uk Erb's Palsy group - if you want to e mail me at; <EMAIL email="info@erbspalsygroup.com">info@erbspalsygroup.com</EMAIL><br/> then I will be happy to try and help you<br/> l...
by Karen Hillyer
Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:00 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: New with questions
Replies: 4
Views: 1286

Re: New with questions

<r>Hi Stargazer<br/> as jenny said, I am in the Uk and we have quite a large support group with lots of adult members - if you want to e mail me your contact info, I will be happy to send you some of our information and see if we can help;<br/> please e mail me at; <EMAIL email="info@erbspalsygroup....
by Karen Hillyer
Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:29 am
Topic: Back pain associated with OBPI
Replies: 10
Views: 5194

Re: Back pain associated with OBPI

<r>Hi Kath<br/> I still lurk - but I have to say we have been very busy in our group in the Uk and with so few management committee members the work seems to take forever to get done!<br/> Really the study just conculeded that more studies ened to be done in the long term on the adult obpi person - ...
by Karen Hillyer
Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:20 pm
Topic: Back pain associated with OBPI
Views: 5194

Re: Back pain associated with OBPI

<t>Hi<br/> I am very interested in this thread and would like to let everyone here posting that our Erb's Palsy group in the Uk facilitated a research study last year into the long term effects of this injury on the body.<br/> All the participants had an obstetric injury and completed a questionnair...
by Karen Hillyer
Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:53 pm
Topic: Any info on nerve transfer op
Replies: 3
Views: 934

Re: Any info on nerve transfer op

<r>Emma<br/> please feel free to e mail me any questions you might have to <EMAIL email="info@erbspalsygroup.com">info@erbspalsygroup.com</EMAIL><br/> I will be happy to share my experiences of my sons surgery with you and also to put you in touch with some families I know of in Australia if you wis...
by Karen Hillyer
Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:14 am
Topic: how old?
Replies: 8
Views: 1544

Re: how old?

<r>Iris<br/> here in the UK children are scheduled for a nerve graft surgery (as it is called over here)if it is indicated, between 4-6 months if possible.<br/> Very few surgeries are carried out after about 9-10 months as the surgeons over here consider that they are not as effective when the child...
by Karen Hillyer
Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:08 am
Topic: Appointment not so good
Replies: 15
Views: 2440

Re: Appointment not so good

<t>Marlyn<br/> I am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, I have lost two very good friends to Breast cancer in the past year and it certainly helps to give you a perspective on what is important in life doesn't it?<br/> I live in the Uk -so I have no agenda where specific doctors are concern...
by Karen Hillyer
Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:43 pm
Topic: God Bless Anyone in the area affected by Katrina
Replies: 58
Views: 5855

Re: God Bless Anyone in the area affected by Katrina

sending you all our good wishes and prayers that you all keep safe during this terrible storm.
Karen Uk
by Karen Hillyer
Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:35 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: TBPI vs. OBPI and various questions on treatment of TBPI
Views: 2501

Re: TBPI vs. OBPI and various questions on treatment of TBPI

<t>Joanie<br/> thanks for your input - it's nice to hear your point of view.<br/> My son 13 years robpi - also feels some sensations in his affected arm - but not all of the arm, only certain areas . It is one of the curiosities of this injury and of course, the surgeons themselves are only speculat...