Search found 37 matches

by marleneross
Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:54 am
Forum: BPI Awareness
Topic: Are there any support groups in the Capital Region of NY?
Replies: 1
Views: 2249

Re: Are there any support groups in the Capital Region of NY?

Mia- I am located in Saratoga Springs, and Work in Albany. Please feel free to private message me. My daughter is now 2yrs old and has been having PT since she was 4 weeks and OT since 1 yr. Please let me know if you have any specific questions. We have worked with both Saratoga and Schenectady coun...
by marleneross
Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:41 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Positional flat head
Replies: 6
Views: 2781

Re: Positional flat head

My daughters flat spot/Tortocollis improved once she started to roll over, right around 5/6 months.

Marlene
by marleneross
Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 am
Topic: New and Need Help re: My Child/Surgery
Replies: 8
Views: 3947

Re: New and Need Help re: My Child/Surgery

If you contact Shriners in Philly about a new patient with BPI they will try to get you in as soon as possible, typically within a few weeks.
by marleneross
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:27 am
Topic: learning to sit up
Views: 2601

Re: learning to sit up

I recall holding down on her hip/thigh from a laying down position. Propping her arm under her and having her push her self up. This was something we actively worked with the PT on every week. As stated above if your PT is not working on this with you it is time for a new one.

Marlene
by marleneross
Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:01 am
Topic: Long Term PT/OT not covered by insurance
Replies: 7
Views: 2721

Re: Long Term PT/OT not covered by insurance

We have Lindsey's 1yr evaluation for Early Intervention today, and as we fiqured she is being realesed from EI for PT services. We are going to have her tested for OT next week, but most likley we will not qualify either. I don't understand, you would think these programs would be happy that she is ...
by marleneross
Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:12 am
Topic: Dr. Kozin Tomorrow - 12/29
Replies: 2
Views: 1270

Dr. Kozin Tomorrow - 12/29

Heading to Philly tomorrow for Lindsey's 1YR appointment. Still can't belive it has been a year. I hope he is a excited about her progress as we are. I think within the next few weeks she will be walking. She has started to cruise crawl and can now climb up the stairs. It is amazing that she was 3 w...
by marleneross
Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:07 am
Topic: Anyone near Rochester, NY???
Replies: 4
Views: 1779

Re: Anyone near Rochester, NY???

Lindsey was schedule for (6 month) nerve surgery in June, but 3 weeks before she had enough bi-cept movement that he felt it was not necessary. Currently he does not feel any of the surgeries typically done at 12 months are necessary. We are so excited as she recently learned to crawl. Last week at ...
by marleneross
Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:10 am
Topic: Anyone near Rochester, NY???
Replies: 4
Views: 1779

Re: Anyone near Rochester, NY???

I am in Albany, NY. My Daughter Lindsey was born 12-15-2009 with a ROBPI. She is also a patient of Dr. Kozin. We will be heading to Philly for her 1 year follow up on Wed 12-29-2010. She has no surgeries to date.

We lived out in the Rochester Area about 6 years ago in Canandaigua.

Marlene
by marleneross
Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:49 am
Topic: ***Updated*** Ive Got an Appointment with Dr. Kozin
Replies: 18
Views: 5286

Re: Ive Got an Appointment with Dr. Kozin

I would hold of on the MRI & EMG until you see Dr. Kozin next month. Dr. Kozin from my experience does not recommend them. He says there are too painful and does not provided any information. Please e-mail me privately and we can talk if you would like....but I would wait the month for the EMG t...
by marleneross
Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:06 am
Topic: Ronald McDonald House in Philly
Views: 1480

Re: Ronald McDonald House in Philly

See the hotel near Shriners Post a few weeks ago. I belive it has all of the information listed. When you call for your appointment you can ask them about it. Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia 3925 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19104 USA Phone: 215 387-8406 Ronald McDonald House in Philadelph...