Search found 4 matches

by leftarmbandit
Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:27 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: BPI Wins Madrid Paratriathlon World Championship
Replies: 1
Views: 1172

Re: BPI Wins Madrid Paratriathlon World Championship

Well, actually its a World Cup not a world championship but either way its pretty freaking cool.

I wrote up a race report here if anyone is interested: http://www.leftarmbandit.org/2011/06/it ... -2011.html

Cheers,
Joel
by leftarmbandit
Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:23 pm
Topic: wondering about adapted bikes
Replies: 9
Views: 8196

Re: wondering about adapted bikes

It it totally possible to ride with one hand. I've seen all kinds of setups from arm in a sling and just using the "good" arm to resting the BP arm in a holder on the handle bars. My recommendation is to go to a smaller bike shop in town and see what they might be able to do. Larger shops ...
by leftarmbandit
Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:22 pm
Topic: wondering about adapted bikes
Replies: 9
Views: 8196

Re: wondering about adapted bikes

It it totally possible to ride with one hand. I've seen all kinds of setups from arm in a sling and just using the "good" arm to resting the BP arm in a holder on the handle bars. My recommendation is to go to a smaller bike shop in town and see what they might be able to do. Larger shops ...
by leftarmbandit
Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 pm
Topic: please help-my daughter's hip hurts when she runs..
Replies: 7
Views: 3219

Re: please help-my daughter's hip hurts when she runs..

Hi, I also am a very avid runner (Swimmer and cyclist). Often pain like this is caused by muscle imbalances and week core strength. You might consider taking her to a PT that specialized is Sports. Weak core strength will cause additional compensation and w/o the arm to help balance the problem gets...