Search found 28 matches

by siobby
Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:24 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: My little Star
Replies: 4
Views: 1957

Re: My little Star

He also started clapping today, words cannot express how proud I am!
by siobby
Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:50 pm
Topic: My little Star
Views: 1957

My little Star

Jacob had primary nerve graft surgery 4 months ago, he has now regained all his pre surgery movement, and has started crawling, I'm so proud of my baby boy, I just had to share!! :D :D :D :D :D
by siobby
Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 pm
Topic: Videos: Before and After Surgeries
Replies: 8
Views: 7443

Re: Videos: Before and After Surgeries

This is brilliant, very reassuring. I'm so glad things have improved for you.
by siobby
Sun May 29, 2011 10:30 pm
Topic: Jacob's Nerve graft surgery went well
Replies: 7
Views: 3730

Re: Jacob's Nerve graft surgery went well

Jacob is now 7 and 1/2 months, and we are almost 9 weeks post op. He is doing wonderfully. His scars are healing very well and he is slowly regaining some of his pre surgery movement. We had a wonderful surgeon in Australia who performed his operation. Dr Trevor Gervais. I am very proud of my little...
by siobby
Sat May 21, 2011 8:41 am
Topic: Opportunity is knocking!
Replies: 13
Views: 5455

Re: Opportunity is knocking!

Thats Great!! Need a like button lol
by siobby
Sun May 15, 2011 12:15 am
Topic: Joining the 36%
Replies: 8
Views: 4682

Re: Joining the 36%

Hello and welcome, My baby boy is 7 months old now, he had his primary nerve graft surgery approx 6 weeks ago and is doing wonderfully. You wouldn't know there was anything wrong as far as his little personality is concerned, he is such a happy little man. The surgery was truly terrifying, for me at...
by siobby
Mon May 02, 2011 6:24 pm
Topic: Newby....My baby boy needs surgery.
Replies: 15
Views: 4880

Re: Newby....My baby boy needs surgery.

Hi, It pains me to hear of yet another baby born with an injury that could so easily be prevented. I know what you are going through, Jacob was 4 months when the "gravity" of the situation really hit me, I had a hard time for a little while with the torment of would he/would he not need su...
by siobby
Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:44 pm
Topic: signs of healing we should be looking for?
Views: 1870

Re: signs of healing we should be looking for?

I'm quite sure that they do feel pain, how much I don't know. I think it is different for everybody, my sister inlaw says her nerves regrowing after surgery feel like a chinese burn. We have a naturopath and use accupuncture (no needles, he uses lasers on babies) to assist with his nerve regrowth an...
by siobby
Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:02 pm
Topic: signs of healing we should be looking for?
Views: 1870

Re: signs of healing we should be looking for?

Hi and welcome. My baby boy Jacob did not spontaneously recover, but he did recover some movement very slowly during his first 3 months of life, mostly using his pec, he was able to throw his arm across his body whilst lay down by the time he was 8 weeks. His first movements began whilst he was lay ...
by siobby
Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:03 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: 10K Mud Run Pics
Replies: 12
Views: 11316

Re: 10K Mud Run Pics

Brilliant, I love this!! Gives me great comfort to know these injuries don't tend to hinder anybody....my baby boy will be just fine!!

Thanks for sharing