Search found 58 matches

by trimommy
Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:33 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Athletic Arm Sling
Replies: 83
Views: 211791

Re: Athletic Arm Sling

<t>Hi MW!<br/> yes, that was me. i sent Dr. Bengston Dan's info and Dan forwarded him the link to the info. that may have been after you met with him. <br/> how are you feeling with the cast off?<br/> yes, running, biking and swimming help control the pain, but for just a little while. my pain has b...
by trimommy
Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:54 pm
Topic: coming up on second rebirthday...
Replies: 17
Views: 10636

Re: coming up on second rebirthday...

<t>mine is on july 21st!! isnt it strange how we mark this day??? last year i did the new york city triathlon to "celebrate". this year i was supposed to do ironman lake placid on the 26th, but, i had to pull out. So, back to the New York City Triathlon for me (beats curling up into a ball and givin...
by trimommy
Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:44 pm
Topic: Athletic Arm Sling
Replies: 83
Views: 211791

Re: Athletic Arm Sling

<t>hi MW!<br/> just saw your post. dan would be the one to talk with about your bike. i do have some hand function so i have my bike set up differently. cant move around and in and out of aero, but i can shift. <br/> who did you see at mayo? i was just out there in may to follow up with entire team ...
by trimommy
Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:17 pm
Topic: tendon/muscle transfer at mayo
Replies: 20
Views: 4899

Re: tendon/muscle transfer at mayo

<t>Im glad you think the brace is hilarious!!!! i bet you dont think that anymore!! although i heard he had found something a bit lighter than the one i had. i had my surgery in November. Dr. Elhassan is amazing! The whole team out there is the best! I had my first nerve surgery done by Dr.s Bishop,...
by trimommy
Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:15 am
Topic: Possibly heading to the Mayo
Replies: 7
Views: 1863

Re: Possibly heading to the Mayo

<t>hey JJ<br/> i would go for the visit if i were you. i have no idea what they will do to you. when i went i had an emg and mri. they scheduled me for surgery a few weeks later. i had a mylogram already at a different facility so they had those results. sometimes surgery would be to check things ou...
by trimommy
Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:05 pm
Topic: Great Workout's Lately?
Replies: 13
Views: 4534

Re: Great Workout's Lately?

<t>Hi JJ<br/> you have discovered the key to surviving this injury! my first couple times back on the road were a little tricky. the balance thing is a little tough. not being able to stand is hard at times. i did change my gearing and that helped (i live in very hilly terrain). i do not ride alone ...
by trimommy
Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:17 pm

<t>hi again!<br/> i agree with the bilateral breathing. for me it helps me ensure i am rolling my body enough. im not all that comfortable doing it in races, but ill get there. <br/> <br/> as for the relays...i think we could do a couple of teams..girls and boys...swim happy can lead off the swim, i...
by trimommy
Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:13 pm

<t>Greetings and happy holidays!!!!!!<br/> dan as you know, im recovering from surgery. i was out at the mayo clinic thurs-friday for my follow up.<br/> saturday morning i was in the gym!!! 6 weeks off..wow!!!! did some lower body strength work. today i rode my trainer for the first time. moving a l...
by trimommy
Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:58 pm
Topic: Muscle Transfer Info. needed!
Replies: 11
Views: 3972

Re: Muscle Transfer Info. needed!

<t>Hi Mike,<br/> sorry to hear about your accident. this site has served me well and meeting people here has changed my life. i was in the pool and swimming first (once my other injuries healed enough to allow it) . i started swimming little bits at a time with one arm. at first, 10 laps, then 20, t...
by trimommy
Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:17 pm
Topic: New to This/Son injured
Replies: 11
Views: 5477

Re: New to This/Son injured

<t>good luck with your research. beware that there are very few experts out there and every injury is unique. if you cant get to the mayo clinic, try johns hopkins. they have a brachial plexus doc there. his name is Dr. Belzberg.<br/> <br/> there are specific tests to identify brachial plexus injuri...