Search found 4 matches

by jodiehodge
Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:52 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty
Replies: 5
Views: 4701

Re: Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty

Thanks Carolyn for the words of encouragement. I really needed that. Thanks to Angela's post last year about Dr. E's study I actually got a chance to participate in it and went to see him last year for an evaluation. Yes, he is fabulous and has even taken the time to communicate with me through out ...
by jodiehodge
Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:59 am

Re: Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty

Hi Carolyn, I have been evaluated by Dr. Elhassan at the Mayo Clinic and he is recommending the RSA. He is amazing and so knowledgeable and I know he is a great surgeon but I am terribly scared because if the RSA fails the only option then is fusion. I just don't know what to do :( ? Who else can I ...
by jodiehodge
Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to know if any one has had a reverse shoulder arthroplasty (RSA). This surgery was recommended to me by my surgeon. I have LOBPI with elbow flexion and osteoartritis. I am 34 and in pain all the time. All I know is RSA is a relatively new surgery that recently got approved...
by jodiehodge
Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:05 pm
Topic: New Video and New Study needs Adult OBPI's
Replies: 22
Views: 18755

Re: IMPORTANT!!!! New Video and New Study needs Adult OBPI's

Hello All, I have been a member of UBPN for a long time but never made a post. To make a long story short...(as so many others also do :lol: ) I was born with a LOBPI. I have had no surgeries ever or any other treatment outside of physical therapy I received as an infant. Every doctor/surgeon (none ...