Search found 8 matches

by jimhildeb
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:40 pm
Forum: New? Start Here!
Topic: Dragon NaturallySpeaking
Replies: 7
Views: 163

Re: Dragon NaturallySpeaking

Hey Tom, Anything I can share that may help makes me feel a little better. My condition may be different but has some similarities you've explained. How did you figure out the blood pressure was different in one arm vs the other? Just a regular cuff style test at the docs office? That's amazing. One...
by jimhildeb
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:28 am
Forum: Share Your Story: Living with a TBPI
Topic: PTS in fingers
Replies: 2
Views: 159

Re: PTS in fingers

Tom, The arm has three major nerves running down to the hand from the brachial plexus. The ulnar, radial and median. If you have movement in your thumb I believe that is one specific nerve. One of the nerves controls the ring and middle finger and the other controls the ring finger and pinky. It can...
by jimhildeb
Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:18 am

Re: Dragon NaturallySpeaking

I don't have a problem with my elbow but I'm sorry to hear about yours. Do you have any use of any of the muscles in your arm, hand or shoulder? I know that my biggest problem is although, I have half decent use of my arm it gets weak very quickly and it seems like the weight on my shoulder ( and th...
by jimhildeb
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:35 am

Dragon NaturallySpeaking

I just wanted to share this suggestion for those who are not aware of the software but I use this product frequently. This is a software that allows you to speak into your computer to do the typing for you. Fortunately, I was able to get an early version and although it didn't work too well back in ...
by jimhildeb
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:32 am
Topic: New Start new beginning , coping with pain and limitations
Replies: 1
Views: 677

Re: New Start new beginning , coping with pain and limitations

I agree, I have found massage to help quite a bit however, many states do not pay for massage and you have to pay out-of-pocket. Have you tried ultrasound? I have found that to help with spasms quite a bit. I too suffer from excruciating pain and the best relief is to immobilize my neck and arm layi...
by jimhildeb
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:23 am
Topic: Hello! : when I borned until now just the pain and the hell.
Replies: 2
Views: 191

Re: Hello! : when I borned until now just the pain and the hell.

Hi, as I just mentioned to someone else I have found that if there is any nerve conduction at all you may find benefit by visiting different physical therapists. Each seem to specialize in certain muscles better than others. As a result, visiting different clinics can result in finding a minor or ma...
by jimhildeb
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:15 am
Topic: Disability
Replies: 20
Views: 2879

Re: Disability

Hi, I experienced a very similar problem approaching SS disability and was rejected the first two times I applied. During a month-long physical outpatient therapy program I met a gentleman who had been shot in the spine trying to break up a fight. He had multiple problems and severe difficulty even ...
by jimhildeb
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:08 am
Topic: Newbi here, 27 Year old Brachial Stretch
Replies: 0
Views: 39

Newbi here, 27 Year old Brachial Stretch

Hi, my name is Jim and I had a brachial stretch injury 27 years ago as a result of a ski accident. After the injury it took six months before I had severe pain down the back of my arm and it took a full body scan, CRT, to diagnose the problem. I had a bright white spot on the right side of my head a...