Search found 68 matches

by terri0320
Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:02 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: wonder where they got the numbers...
Replies: 4
Views: 840

Re: wonder where they got the numbers...

Really have to wonder how they figured those numbers. That is unreal.
Terri
by terri0320
Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:51 am
Topic: handedness
Replies: 16
Views: 2073

Re: handedness

<t>My daughter has a ROBPI. She is now 18 months old. She very rarely uses her right arm. We try to make her use it as much as possible. But She mostly uses her left. She puts blocks together with the left, eats with her left. She actually uses her left hand all the time unless we make her use her r...
by terri0320
Sun Jun 22, 2003 12:24 am
Topic: anyone need a brace
Views: 649

Re: anyone need a brace

<t>Francine-<br/> You are very right. Don't worry-not upset. I didn't think about this. I know some people cannot really afford the therapists and such, thought I might try to help someone out a bit.<br/> If anyone does have a therapist that recommends this type of brace, I have no problem sending i...
by terri0320
Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:34 am

Re: anyone need a brace

she wore this brace until she was a little over a year, so she got pretty good use out of it.
Terri
by terri0320
Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:34 am

anyone need a brace

<t>I have a brace the therapist had made for our daughter. It is for the right hand. The therapist had it made because TeNeisha held her wrist in a "waiters tip" position and held her thumb in all the time. She has now outgrown it. It is still in excellent shape. It is a neoprene brace. If anyone ha...
by terri0320
Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:28 am
Topic: disability money?
Views: 396

Re: disability money?

<t>You can apply for social security benifits for the child. I know of a few people that have done this. They will consider the household income to do this first. Then they will ask you to sign some medical release forms to get the medical records to send to their medical experts to review.<br/> Hop...
by terri0320
Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:34 am
Topic: lifting arm
Replies: 7
Views: 451

lifting arm

TeNeisha lifted her arm and put her hand behind her head today!!!!!!!!!!!

She done it with some help of her other arm, but she done it!

Just thought I would share the good news with everyone.

Terri
by terri0320
Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:51 am
Topic: The more I think, the more I get nervous...
Replies: 5
Views: 785

Re: The more I think, the more I get nervous...

<t>I agree with both responses. I went through three other doctors before I finally found the OB I have now. The first two I decided not to go with for my own reasons. The third one was very honest and up front, as was I. I asked him if he was experienced with shoulder dystocia deliveries; if he was...
by terri0320
Tue May 27, 2003 3:01 am
Topic: TeNeisha's CCH Visit
Replies: 2
Views: 269

TeNeisha's CCH Visit

<t>WHAT GREAT NEWS FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br/> We found out that TeNeisha is doing fine with her therapy so far. The doctors were very pleased with her progress so far. She will not need any surgery in the near future. Thank Goodness!!!!!<br/> <br/> They are going to see her every si...
by terri0320
Tue May 27, 2003 2:54 am
Topic: Another Pregnancy
Replies: 5
Views: 612

Re: Another Pregnancy

<t>Congratulations Karen!!! I am also pregnant again, about 5 months. I have told my OB about my daughter and they are doing extra ultrasounds to keep an eye on the size of the baby. They are supposed to check the size of my pelvic area tomorrow to make sure that it won't be a problem. I have never ...