by Mel4fitness
Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:13 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: scoliosis
Replies: 11
Views: 3141

Re: scoliosis

Hello,
I was diagnosed with scoliosis as a child but as I got older, it went away. My BP doctor (who I last saw 10 years ago) said that it was caused by my extensive weightlifting. But who knows really, I'm just thankful that my back is straight now :)

Melanie
by Mel4fitness
Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:09 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: To EMG or not to EMG
Replies: 13
Views: 1335

Re: To EMG or not to EMG

Hi,
I had AN EMG not too long ago and I didn't think the pain was that bad (even when I was young it didn't hurt). It felt like prickling sensation. I have ROBPI and have some neuron firing. Just my 2 sense :-)
by Mel4fitness
Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:06 am
Topic: Anyone with Lower Back Problems?
Replies: 13
Views: 1839

Re: Anyone with Lower Back Problems?

<t>Hi Cyndi,<br/> I'm a 33 ROBPI and have suffered from lower pack pain my whole life. Whe I was young, I was diagnosed with mild scoliosis but from workouts somehow my back has straightened out. I always do lower back exercises to keep that area strong. I also have a disc herniation in my neck, I r...
by Mel4fitness
Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:55 pm
Topic: Need help for my baby!
Replies: 4
Views: 572

Re: Need help for my baby!

<t>Hi Cindy,<br/> All five of my nerves were damaged at birth but I do have minimal function. I can't supinate or lift my arm above 30 degrees. I can do the "hand to mouth" without a problem and lift my arm abouve my head passively only. I have started a brachial plexus photo album through Shutterfl...
by Mel4fitness
Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:26 pm
Topic: Need help for my baby!
Replies: 4
Views: 572

Re: Need help for my baby!

<t>Hello,<br/> It's Melanie. You can go to the resources board and find a doctor in your state. Or call your local children's hospital and speak with the physical therapist department. Definetly do something sooner than later as the younger the child, it seems there is a better chance of full recove...
by Mel4fitness
Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:18 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Very new to this topic...
Replies: 3
Views: 722

Re: Very new to this topic...

<r>Hello,<br/> I'm a 33 yr. old OBPI and just happened to be "lurking" and saw your post. You definetly want to go to the Obstetrical Brachial Plexus Injuries or to the General Board. You will find a ton of support there from other parents in your same shoes. Feel free to e-mail me as well since I'v...
by Mel4fitness
Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:41 pm
Topic: How do you destress?
Replies: 31
Views: 2379

Re: How do you destress?

I like to go for a long run outside, lift weights or have a couple glasses of wine while taking a hot bath.
by Mel4fitness
Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:25 am
Topic: I always thought I was the only one with a crooked arm
Replies: 12
Views: 1546

Re: I always thought I was the only one with a crooked arm

<t>Hi Barbara,<br/> Welcome! I'm Melanie, 33 with ROBPI (Right Obstetrical Brachial Plexus Injury). My disabilities are similar to yours. I have the bent elbow and my range of motion stinks. However, I'm on my way to see Dr. Nath this week, for surgery. Good luck to you when you visit him.<br/> That...
by Mel4fitness
Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:25 pm
Topic: Memorial Hermann Hospital
Replies: 16
Views: 1109

Re: Memorial Hermann Hospital

Hey Christy,
I still have not received your e-mail, I don't know why. Try tasosgirl1@aol.com

I really want to hear what you have to say.

Thanks!
or call my cell:(202) 277-2761
by Mel4fitness
Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:54 pm
Topic: Memorial Hermann Hospital
Replies: 16
Views: 1109

Re: Memorial Hermann Hospital

<r>Hey Christy a.k.a. CW1992,<br/> This question is for you. If you don't mind me asking, what disappointed you Dr. Nath? You are more than welcome to email me at <EMAIL email="Mel4fitness@aol.com">Mel4fitness@aol.com</EMAIL><br/> <br/> I am scheduled for surgery with him, I'm 33 and would like to h...