Search found 30 matches

by Mel4fitness
Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:09 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Molly had surgery today
Replies: 10
Views: 953

Re: Molly had surgery today

<r>I hope for a speedy recovery, please keep us posted. Let us know how long Molly is in the hospital and if you don't mind, how bad the pain is...as I have my Mod Quad on March 4th....I would love some imput <E>:)</E><br/> You can e-mail me at <EMAIL email="Mel4fitness@aol.com">Mel4fitness@aol.com<...
by Mel4fitness
Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:33 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Surgery Questions for Adults
Replies: 2
Views: 752

Surgery Questions for Adults

<r>Hello,<br/> I am scheduled to have surgery March 4th (Mod Quad)and am very excited but am a little skeptical. I know Suzy and Joe recently had this and have amazing results. Is there any other adults who have had this surgery? Could you tell me how severe was your bpi and how is it now? Has anyon...
by Mel4fitness
Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:02 am
Topic: Adults getting surgery, does it work??
Replies: 1
Views: 610

Adults getting surgery, does it work??

Hello All,
I am seriously thinking of getting surgery for my bpi. I have had this since birth and as I'm getting older, my good arm is breaking down from over use. Are there any adults that have had surgery? Did it work?
by Mel4fitness
Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:16 pm
Topic: Questions # 1 Topic is Pain
Replies: 95
Views: 11871

Re: Questions # 1 Topic is Pain

<r>Hello, my name is Melanie and I'm 33 yrs.<br/> <br/> How many have always had pain? Not until the last 5 years<br/> <br/> Did you ever tell your parents/family you were in pain or did you just accept it as your normal? n/a<br/> <br/> When you complained as a child were you told this injury is not...
by Mel4fitness
Sat Aug 23, 2003 3:06 pm
Topic: Does Erb's palsy affect your self esteem?
Replies: 64
Views: 26691

Re: Does Erb's palsy affect your self esteem?

<t>I also had self esteem issues and still have uncomfortable moments. I have bp of the right arm, I cannot shake hands and for certain ethnicities this is considered rude. So I ALWAYS explain myself when shaking hands with certain individuals.I'm in sales so I have to shake hands. I have a tendency...
by Mel4fitness
Thu May 29, 2003 8:58 pm
Topic: Going to see Physiatrist
Replies: 9
Views: 2064

Re: Going to see Physiatrist

<t>Hey Kath-<br/> I'm having an MRI this Tuesday. The doctor is giving me 2 valum. One to take 1/2 hour prior to the procedure and one 5 minutes before if I'm still stressed out. I'll let you know how bad it is or isn't. However, if you are clausterphobic.....get something.........you can't move for...
by Mel4fitness
Sun May 18, 2003 12:50 pm
Topic: Informal poll for adult obpi's - from a mom
Replies: 9
Views: 2166

Re: Informal poll for adult obpi's - from a mom

<t>Hi Jaime,<br/> I am a manager of a health club and also a personal trainer. With training clients I am limited on some exercises but there are plenty to do. I started out selling health club meemberships before getting into management. My mentality growing up was this, if I'm in good shape then t...
by Mel4fitness
Tue May 13, 2003 10:26 pm
Topic: Introductions thanks to 20/20...lurkers welcome
Replies: 215
Views: 61697

Re: Introductions thanks to 20/20...lurkers welcome

<t>Hello everyone,<br/> I am Melanie and I have Brachial Plexus of the right arm. I don't know all the medical terms. so I am not attempting.......I cannot lift my arm, twist my wrist and wiggle my fingers. My doctor was Dr. Eng at Washington DC's Childrens Hospital. Of course she is now retired and...
by Mel4fitness
Sun May 11, 2003 5:37 pm
Topic: Splint side effect?
Replies: 1
Views: 550

Splint side effect?

<t>Hi,<br/> I had received a splint from my BP doctor 10 years ago. I really didn't use it because the pain from stretching my arm. I decided to try it again because I'm sick of my arm staying bent. I used it for a few hours on two different occasions and now my neck is completely stiff. Using the s...
by Mel4fitness
Sat May 03, 2003 12:13 am
Topic: The "proper" handshake
Replies: 4
Views: 1000

The "proper" handshake

<t>Hello Everyone,<br/> I know there has to be adults that have gone through this.<br/> The one every day challenge I have is the "hand shake". I cannot shake with my right bp hand without "clawing" the other person. I've done the "stick the left hand out" but some people just look at you funny or a...