Search found 37 matches

by JanAmes
Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:17 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Age and TES unit?
Replies: 6
Views: 283

Re: Age and TES unit?

<t>Francine-<br/> I email'd your questions about use of TES on a child less than 2yrs to Leslie, but she's been on vacation & hasn't answered yet.<br/> <br/> Do you have any information on how to contact BMR? What is the full company name? I've only gotten Mayatek when I do a search on BMR 2000-...
by JanAmes
Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:28 pm
Topic: handedness
Replies: 16
Views: 2066

Re: handedness

<t>My 1 yr old is robpi and is definitely right-handed. It was obvious I think at about 6 months. We were told that sometimes children favor the injured side. I agree w/the earlier comment, they will be whatever hand dominance they were born to be reguardless of the injury, and will compensate as th...
by JanAmes
Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:08 pm
Topic: modquad cancelled, still have questions
Replies: 5
Views: 729

Re: modquad cancelled, still have questions

<t>Francine-<br/> I have been in contact with Leslie McKibben at Mayatek. Sarah's OT originally told me that they had a "three finger" protocol for the distance between electrodes - Leslie told me that has changed and she believed Sarah would be a candidate. We are in the process of getting the pre-...
by JanAmes
Mon Jun 30, 2003 10:08 am
Topic: modquad cancelled, still have questions
Replies: 5
Views: 729

modquad cancelled, still have questions

<t>Sarah was scheduled to have modquad on 6/23. I drove her to Houston on 6/16 to get a pre-op check since her therapists thought she was doing so good and I was really struggling with the surgery thing. I thought I finally had an understanding of what it was supposed to do for her but still had que...
by JanAmes
Mon Jun 30, 2003 7:44 am
Topic: pity party for me but you're all invited!!!
Replies: 3
Views: 829

Re: pity party for me but you're all invited!!!

<r>I'm there with you! so hard to keep dealing with having to constantly decide about therapy, feeling inadequate, deciding on surgeries, trying to learn everyting and comprehend it. I took a day off & made paper shoes yesterday for my older girls (family fun magazine article). gotta have some d...
by JanAmes
Thu May 22, 2003 3:52 am
Topic: intimidating comment by vp to obpi child being bullied at school, HELP!
Replies: 14
Views: 980

Re: intimidating comment by vp to obpi child being bullied at school, HELP!

<t>You have every right to be disturbed! Follow your instincts as a parent. The best thing you can do for your child is show him you are supporting him, that you will act to correct the problem, and advise him on how to stick up for himself as well. With my 1st grade daughter, when I found out she w...
by JanAmes
Sun May 18, 2003 2:01 am
Topic: Kinesio Taping for shoulder
Replies: 6
Views: 1511

Re: Kinesio Taping for shoulder

<t>we just started using kinesio taping on Sarah's tricep. She had it for 4 days, then off for a week (the therapist was sick) and now on for 3 days and I think there has been some improvement. Right now I'm willing to try any/all therapy that might help her. She's scheduled to have quad procedure 6...