Search found 1378 matches

by cbe411
Tue Jul 01, 2003 7:47 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: meeting other tbpi's
Replies: 3
Views: 919

meeting other tbpi's

<t>hello! just to report... just saw my surgeon yesterday and he is impressed with my recovery, once again! he said that he will see me back in 6 months and we can talk about muscle transfers then. it was initally thought that C5 was totaly avulsed and C6 partialy avolsed, but i am regaining strengt...
by cbe411
Sat Jun 28, 2003 3:32 pm
Topic: Social Security
Replies: 13
Views: 1460

Re: Social Security

jed, i hope that everything works out for you... feel free to email me anytime, or ryan even. i am willing to talk about anything. i will keep you posted with my crap with SS!!! take caer
~Courtney
by cbe411
Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:54 pm
Topic: Pain relief
Replies: 2
Views: 890

Re: Pain relief

<t>Hey Mitch! I was on Oxycontin right after my accident and I must say that it is a GREAT DRUG!! I really think that it is one of the best that there is out there, for pain that is. There are some side effects with it but nothing to bad. It can "back you up" if you know what I mean and in the begin...
by cbe411
Thu Jun 26, 2003 11:38 am
Topic: Latissimus Dorsi transfer to Bicep
Replies: 8
Views: 3675

Re: Latissimus Dorsi transfer to Bicep

<t>Deger,<br/> I have been talking about his surgery also with my doctor. My lat is extremly weak from my accident so at this time, its noty for me, though i still have hope. There was a guy that I was in therapy with though that DID have this. The recovery rate can vary, as with any surgery, about ...
by cbe411
Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:46 am
Topic: Going to Camp, please advise your age
Replies: 6
Views: 1189

Re: Going to Camp, please advise your age

<r>I will be at camp this year. I am a 23 RTBPI after a car accident just over 2 years ago. I just recently found these boards so I didn't even know of a camp 2 years ago. I am extremly excited to meet people with this type of injury, for the longest time I felt like I was totally alone. My mom will...
by cbe411
Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:33 pm
Topic: TBPI 's going to camp??
Views: 536

TBPI 's going to camp??

Just wondering if any tbpis are attending camp this summer??? I am going and my mom is coming too!! Hope to meet some of you!!
~Courtney
by cbe411
Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:29 pm
Topic: brachial plexus center at Yale???
Replies: 11
Views: 1505

Re: brachial plexus center at Yale???

I believe that the Dr. Wolff that I see is a different one. I talked with my phyiotrist (sp?) today and he thinks that seeing Dr. Kline would be a good idea, so I'll be scheduling an apt. with him ASAP! Thanks!!
~Courtney
by cbe411
Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:19 pm
Topic: Social Security
Replies: 13
Views: 1460

Re: Social Security

<t>JED,<br/> I just found these boards a few months ago as well and they are GREAT! The information here is very helpful and these people give GREAT advice, not always what you want to hear, but truthful. My bpi was 2 years ago, when I was 21. My car insurance has been taking care of what my health ...
by cbe411
Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:02 pm
Topic: car adaptations??
Views: 797

car adaptations??

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone is using any sort of adaptations for driving?? My PT has been talking to me about it lately. I am 2 years post accident and have been doing fine without it. Why would I get one now?? Any insights???? Thanks!
~Courtney
by cbe411
Thu Jun 19, 2003 8:39 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Camp for Trauma BPI, who's going
Replies: 2
Views: 967

Re: Camp for Trauma BPI, who's going

<t>Maureen, <br/> I am 23 anf from MI. My mom and I are attending camp this summer! I am really looking forward to it as I have not yet met anyone with this injury. I am 2 years post accident and doing quite well with daily living but am really looking forward to meeting with ohters who REALLY under...