Search found 1378 matches

by cbe411
Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:24 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Surgery has any one had any success
Replies: 404
Views: 34568

Re: Surgery has any one had any success

<t>I fell asleep driving to my parents house for easter in 2001, but never got there. I broke T1 vertebre, avulsed C5 root and stretched C6,7. I am from the Detroit area and see Dr. Wolff in Louisville, KY but I am trying to go see Dr. Kline for a second opinion. Dr. Wolff is great but I am tired of...
by cbe411
Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:15 am
Topic: camp?
Replies: 3
Views: 755

Re: camp?

<t>Thanks Karen & Kathy! I think that I will bring one or both of them with me. I think that the camp sounds like a great place for me, as well as others! I have never met anyone with this type of injury before and I think that in itself would help a great deal! I am looking forward to it and ho...
by cbe411
Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:11 am
Topic: surgery
Replies: 2
Views: 827

Re: surgery

Thank you!!!
by cbe411
Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:35 pm
Topic: camp?
Replies: 3
Views: 755

camp?

<t>I was just wondering if anyone is going to camp this summer?? I am 23 and my parents would like to go. I would kind of like to go by myself so that I HAVE to interact with other people (I tend to be shy when I am in unfamiliar teritory with people whom I don't know). Any advice?? Thanks<br/> ~Cou...
by cbe411
Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:32 pm
Topic: surgery
Replies: 2
Views: 827

surgery

<t>Hello! I am going Monday the 23rd for yet another EMG! Then I am going to see Dr. Wolff in Louisville, KY on the 30th of June to see about a muscle transfer to get some elbo function back, I have not even a trace of bicep. Has anyone had any luck with this sort of thing?? Any thoughts would be gr...
by cbe411
Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:28 pm
Topic: Surgery has any one had any success
Replies: 404
Views: 34568

Re: Surgery has any one had any success

<t>Paul,<br/> I love your creed!!! Thats just great! I had surgery 9 months post accident, kind of an expolritory deal. Dr. Wolff found scar tissue and a severly streched nerve at C7 of which he took a nerve from my leg and pieced it in there. My shoulder is stable now and I have regained some stren...
by cbe411
Mon Jun 16, 2003 5:51 pm
Topic: acupuncture for pain control???
Replies: 4
Views: 2186

Re: acupuncture for pain control???

thanks for the help, both of you! i appreciate any advice. i think that i am going to talk with my doctor about trying it and see what happens. i really dont think that anything can hurt me.... if you know what i mean. thanks for the advice and good luck to you both!!
~Courtney
by cbe411
Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:34 am
Topic: acupuncture for pain control???
Replies: 4
Views: 2186

acupuncture for pain control???

<t>Hi again! I was reading that acupuncture can help with pain control. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and has it helped?? I get horible shooting pains in my hand, sometimes they are just unbearable. I was taking oxycontin (sp?) for a few months after my accident but the doctor wanted me off...
by cbe411
Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:39 am
Topic: brachial plexus center at Yale???
Replies: 11
Views: 1505

Re: brachial plexus center at Yale???

<t>Thanks for te information Patti! I found them on the net as well but havent heard anything good or bad, but with not hearing anything back from the doctors that I emailed there 3 weeks ago, I figure screw it. I live in Michigan and see a great doctor in Louisville, KY Dr. Wolff. He has been GREAT...
by cbe411
Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:19 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: appointment results
Replies: 7
Views: 711

Re: appointment results

erica! i am so excited for you!! glad you have found someone who can help you out! keep us informed and well keep you in our prayers!
~Courtney