Search found 1555 matches

by hope16_05
Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:28 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Tendonitis in un-BPI arm, long term reality?
Replies: 5
Views: 4305

Re: Tendonitis in un-BPI arm, long term reality?

Hello Kim and Dani! Welcome back. Unfortunately the only real cure for tendinitis is rest. That being said, I have tendinitis in my "good arm" it flares and I have my hubby massage it then it's pretty good until I overuse it again. Totally livable, pain in the butt, yes but definitely liva...
by hope16_05
Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:19 am
Topic: Who's coming to camp?
Replies: 20
Views: 10353

Re: Who's coming to camp?

Sara, Joyce, and Mel, I can't wait to meet you all!!! Traci and Carolyn, it will be wonderful to see you again, it's been too long!
Not too long now, I can't wait!!!
by hope16_05
Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:03 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: how do we recover...?
Replies: 24
Views: 8918

Re: how do we recover...?

For you to heal you need to know that your child's life will go on and they will become anything that they want to be...I know as an injured person, I can not nearly understand your pain as a parent. However, as the opinion of the injured child you need to say life moves on and lets roll with it. Th...
by hope16_05
Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:43 am
Topic: Who's coming to camp?
Replies: 20
Views: 10353

Who's coming to camp?

I am overjoyed to attend camp with the family!!!!! Are any of my OBPI pals attending? I miss seeing all my friends. Please please please friends come! We have great OBPI time and dont want to lose it if we dont have adults attending. I am anxious to get together with adults and camp gives up time. A...
by hope16_05
Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:31 am
Topic: working out
Replies: 7
Views: 5593

Re: working out

Rest is the big key for pain...you can also try ice or heat but you have to be very careful!!!! Dont get frost bite or a burn. Try aquatics, its not as painful but you still get an amazing work out!
Good luck

Amy 25 years old ROBPI from MN
by hope16_05
Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:01 am
Topic: Alternatives for Note Taking in School ??
Replies: 2
Views: 2082

Re: Alternatives for Note Taking in School ??

Fran does Maia have an IEP or 504? That makes accommodations much easier... if not you have to have super understanding teachers. Are the notes off an overhead where they could allow her extra time to copy? It does get easier with time. You learn what is most important to take note about. Could try ...
by hope16_05
Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:53 am
Topic: E-stim or Tens unit wanted will pay$$
Replies: 1
Views: 1814

Re: E-stim or Tens unit wanted will pay$$

Hey Brandon, E-stim and Tens units are very hard to come by as we use them off and on and they age out...I have had my unit for 8 years and it doesnt work very well any more ;( The best way to get one is if you have insurance and a doctor or therapist can request that you get one. Good luck finding ...
by hope16_05
Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:44 am
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Milestone....PLANE TICKET PURCHASED FOR CAMP...
Replies: 5
Views: 5644

Re: Milestone....PLANE TICKET PURCHASED FOR CAMP...

I am coming!!!! Cant wait to see you all!
Hoping to bring my three kiddo and the hubby.
Hugs,
Amy J
by hope16_05
Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:02 pm
Forum: Camp UBPN
Topic: Who's going to camp this year?
Replies: 6
Views: 5948

Re: Who's going to camp this year?

I am bringing my children to camp...they will be ages 9 and 10 (9 yo girl, 10 yo boy) and 15 month old boy...Hubby is coming too, I am pretty excited for so many friends to meet my family.
Amy (24...soon 25) ROBPI from MN
by hope16_05
Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 pm
Topic: Questions about TENS
Replies: 2
Views: 2156

Re: Questions about TENS

I have never used a TENS for my personal pain but have recommended them to patients...I am an occupational therapist. I used to use my ESTIM machine for pain on occasion but I think the TENS have a much better affect for pain while ESTIM is better for gaining muscle strength. Talk to a local therapi...