Search found 1555 matches

by hope16_05
Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:40 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Been 8 months since my injury....
Replies: 1
Views: 1641

Re: Been 8 months since my injury....

Its great to hear how wonderfully you have recovered!!! Especially that the pain is gone! How awesome is that!

Thanks for posting a positive story, so many time we get stuck by the down side of this injury.
Amy
by hope16_05
Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:44 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Question?
Replies: 10
Views: 4196

Re: Question?

Being just a few years older than you, your arm can affect a lot of aspects of your life depending on how you use it and if all your muscles are similar to those of your uninjured arm. My injured arm is functional but makes a better paper weight as it's very difficult to do simple things like tie my...
by hope16_05
Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:44 am
Topic: Question?
Replies: 10
Views: 4196

Re: Question?

Posted the same thing twice...darn iPad
by hope16_05
Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:28 am
Topic: Muscle surgery is recommended; any suggestions?
Replies: 5
Views: 2306

Re: Muscle surgery is recommended; any suggestions?

I am not a parent but an adult with an injury. I have had a muscle/tendon moved before but before good advice can be given, it makes a difference which muscle/tendon the docs want to move and what are trey expecting to get from that movement? Tell us more and maybe we can offer specific advice...sor...
by hope16_05
Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:35 pm
Topic: Dr. Nath
Replies: 18
Views: 11340

Re: Dr. Nath

I havet seen him as a doctor largely because every person tht goes down there seems to be reccommended mod quad and triangle tilt. As a therapist, I understand the idea behind mod quad however, the triangle tilt seems as though it would cause more harm than good in the long run... And it makes me qu...
by hope16_05
Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:15 pm
Topic: Philadelphia Area Docs for Adults?
Replies: 1
Views: 920

Re: Philadelphia Area Docs for Adults?

At the top of the page, there is a resources tab with a list of many doctors and their completed surveys regarding the population that they best serve.
Hope that helps,
Amy 24 years old ROBPI from MN
by hope16_05
Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:05 pm
Topic: What To Say
Replies: 5
Views: 1850

Re: What To Say

Tell her sometimes, people make mistkes that make very special people. She is very special in that she has been able to overcome so many obstacles. Then you ask her was her definition of normal is. I wish someone had asked me that because as I have gotten older, I have come to realize that my percep...
by hope16_05
Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:50 pm
Topic: Needing direction for my daughter
Replies: 8
Views: 4893

Re: Needing direction for my daughter

I have had pain but again it's another thing I choose not to let it get me down. I did that once and that was the most depressing year of my teen/adult years. I still have pain on occasion like today my back is terribly out of place and every movement is painful but life must go on and it's so much ...
by hope16_05
Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:04 pm
Topic: Needing direction for my daughter
Replies: 8
Views: 4893

Re: Needing direction for my daughter

Your daughter sounds like she is in excellent hands! I would guess if you can maintain what she has and be willing to talk openly when she has questions that she will be in excellent shape as an adult... Let her try any sports that you would let any other child try regardless of her injury...She wil...
by hope16_05
Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:25 pm
Topic: to MARYMOM
Replies: 4
Views: 2670

Re: to MARYMOM

Marymom, how old is Max these days? He was so little when we used to chat! Of course I used to be younger then too lol. Now I am a mommy too and a busy one at that but I havent met many parents that arent busy. Nice to see you again,
Amy 24 years old ROBPI from MN