Search found 104 matches

by Beckyerin
Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:32 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Back from shriners
Replies: 6
Views: 1728

Re: Back from shriners

<t>I'm glad frankie has found peace with himself. You shoud be proud of the way you fought for your son. Sometimes there is a limit to what we can do to fix our bodies. This doesn't mean that you failed. From your posts it sounds like your son has gained function and that is a positive thing.<br/> G...
by Beckyerin
Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:12 pm
Topic: Confused??Do you guys have bicep function or tricep or both
Replies: 11
Views: 5937

Re: Confused??Do you guys have bicep function or tricep or both

<t>A BPI specilaist I have seen said that most of his OBPI patients have lack or limited supination(turning palm up)and are usually in the pronated position(palm down)<br/> <br/> However I don't fit that mold. I have full supination and cannot turn my palm down. I also have really good bicep functio...
by Beckyerin
Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:02 pm
Topic: Question
Replies: 7
Views: 1353

Re: Question

<t>My scaupla does not wing but sits kinda close to my arm.<br/> <br/> A winging scapula is not uncommon for brachial plexus injuries because the muscle that anchors it down in your armpit area(serratus anterior) is innervated by the nerves of your brachial plexus. So if its weak it can't quite do i...
by Beckyerin
Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:18 am
Topic: I'm getting very confused. Update on SSD and Drs. and questions
Views: 1356

Re: I'm getting very confused. Update on SSD and Drs. and questions

<t>He should probably know that basic stuff, but my guess is that your last neuro was really good with the brain and spinal cord but had forgotton his brachial plexus knowledge.<br/> Not an excuse, but you don't have to be a dr to learn about the brachial plexus. You can study it up yourself. I had ...
by Beckyerin
Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:08 pm

<t>I know you had some frustrating experiences with doctors, but they are not all bad!<br/> A good doctor should be able to explain how the nerves in your arm work. I think you just need to hang on until you find the right one.<br/> I know some stuff about the upper extremity as I am finishing OT sc...
by Beckyerin
Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:57 pm

<r>Here are some adresses for diagrams of the median and ulnar nerves(I googled the phrase median and ulnar nerve) I'm sorry I'm not sure how to make them links on this message board<br/> <br/> <URL url="http://www.microsurgeon.org/median_nerve.htm">http://www.microsurgeon.org/median_nerve.htm</URL>...
by Beckyerin
Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:47 pm

<t>Carpal tunnel syndrome is a problem with the median nerve. It causes symptoms in the thumb, middle, and one half of your ring finger that is closest to your middle finger as well as the muscles in the thumb because these are the areas it innervates. A big cause of CTS is repetitive flexing of the...
by Beckyerin
Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:56 pm
Topic: New Member
Replies: 5
Views: 787

Re: New Member

<t>My name is becky. I am your age,27. I too have developed pain in my right bpi arm in the last couple of years.I know alot about the anatomy of the arm and I think what happened to me is that nerve damage causes weakened, non functional muscles in the shoulder. The better functioning muscles pick ...
by Beckyerin
Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:24 pm
Topic: Finally met another with OBPI
Replies: 5
Views: 1247

Finally met another with OBPI

<t>Today I was at my OT clinical internship where one of my patients was ROBPI. I noticed her when she first started coming to the rehab gym. I could tell she had BPI because its pretty severe.<br/> Today I treated her and asked her if they gave her a name for what was wrong with her arm(in her char...
by Beckyerin
Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:14 pm
Topic: Lyrica not working anymore.
Views: 4160

Re: Lyrica not working anymore.

<t>I would suggest seeing a pain doctor. There are doctors out there who specilize in the treatment and management of pain. I think you said you were seeing a neurologist? It may be worth a try.<br/> Also, I know that cymbalta is another drug prescribed for pain. Its an antidepressent that has pain ...