Search found 169 matches

by Dan
Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:56 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Any regrets?
Replies: 8
Views: 5575

Re: Any regrets?

I avulsed all five of my nerves, so no function possible without the surgery. I had my surgery 26 years ago, one of the first intercostal into the bicep. Elbow bends, which means I get some function out of it on a daily basis, better than not having anything. Worth it? Yes. Would I do it again? Yes....
by Dan
Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:32 pm
Topic: Go Team Winger!
Replies: 2
Views: 1729

Go Team Winger!

We were really late signing up for this and I wasn't even planning on doing it this year as I spent so much time away from my family training for the golf world championships. But Chris and Fernando twisted my good arm so I agreed to join them and we are doing the Challenged Athletes Foundation, San...
by Dan
Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:53 pm
Topic: Single life and thoughts on dating
Replies: 18
Views: 9598

Re: Single life and thoughts on dating

I haven't posted a reply to this because there was so much to comment on and it really is so much more than just dating. This thread goes to one of the core things I believe and talk to people about when I do my public speaking on "Overcoming Life's Challenges", not just bpi'ers. Your circ...
by Dan
Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:09 pm
Topic: Single life and thoughts on dating
Replies: 18
Views: 9598

Re: Single life and thoughts on dating

hi, i kinda wonder if having my arm amputated would help with the sex since i would not have to in any way deal with it. it would not be in the way so to speak or something that needs attention while i'm trying to focus on something else. Hi, I have no use of my arm, 26 years now, this has never be...
by Dan
Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:17 pm
Topic: World Open One Armed Golf Championship!
Replies: 23
Views: 13109

Re: World Open One Armed Golf Championship!

Did you pause and take a picture on the top of the bridge on 18 (like Nicklaus)?

Yep, I sure did :D
by Dan
Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:02 pm
Topic: bent fingers uuugh
Replies: 5
Views: 3639

Re: bent fingers uuugh

I was injured 26 years ago and I still have straight, flexible fingers. I avulsed all five of my nerves, so I have a complete loss of use as well. In my efforts to keep my fingers straight, I "work" my fingers all the time, bending them back and forth pretty hard. I do it subconciously all...
by Dan
Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Here is my drive on the first hole, looks a little funny, but that is because the picture was taken from behind me rather than down the line.
by Dan
Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:40 pm

Had to show the birdie put, you can see the ball just about to go in the cup. Wow! Even got a nice round of applause from the people surrounding the green.
by Dan
Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Here are a few more, this is me handing my 4 wood back t my caddy with a huge smile on my face and how cool is it that he is already handing me my putter. I know nobody else can see it, but I can see my ball just left of the pin:)
by Dan
Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:30 pm

I am going to do a full wrap up with pictures and videos for a blog I am starting, as soon as I do I will post a link here. The week in St Andrews was amazing, got to play eight rounds of golf in seven days, all of them on the different (there are five chamionship and one shorter courses) courses at...