Search found 55 matches

by Humboldtmtnbkr
Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:45 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: travel after surgery at mayo 2/26/09
Replies: 7
Views: 1518

Re: travel after surgery at mayo 2/26/09

<t>Hello, I am at the Mayo right now. I just got here after flying in from California. Depending on how things go I will most likely be having surgery on Thursday the 12th. I will definately reply to this topic again to let you know how my travels are. I am definately concerned, but I am trying not ...
by Humboldtmtnbkr
Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:18 pm
Topic: How you are helping others here:
Replies: 14
Views: 2225

Re: How you are helping others here:

<t>Racer, I couldn't agree more. I do the same thing, check the board daily to see if there are any answers to my questions or look to see if I can give a few encouraging words to someone. I also started my blog for that same reason. I felt I could share my experience and what I am doing about it wi...
by Humboldtmtnbkr
Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:42 pm
Topic: Reply here if you are reading this TBPI forum regularly!
Replies: 69
Views: 13377

Re: Reply here if you are reading this TBPI forum regularly!

I am the one injured.
I have been injured for 5 months 2 days.
It's is a TBPI of right arm (my dominant arm).
I had a road bicycle crash.
This board has been extremely helpful.
JJ
by Humboldtmtnbkr
Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:40 am
Topic: Recovery at the Mayo
Replies: 6
Views: 1150

Re: Recovery at the Mayo

I just wanted to thank all those that have taken the time to answer this. Answers to these questions are so helpful, I wish more people would participate. For those that do, what unbelievably valuable info. Thanks again, and looking forward to seeing some real doctors at the Mayo. JJ
by Humboldtmtnbkr
Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:00 pm
Topic: Physiatrist & EMG
Replies: 10
Views: 2742

Re: Physiatrist & EMG

I have had one EMG by my local neuro. It wasn't too bad. Some muscles hurt more than others, it was mainly a deep sort of pain when he wiggled the needles around a little. I have another EMG scheduled for Feb 10 at the Mayo. Good luck. JJ
by Humboldtmtnbkr
Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:08 am
Topic: Recovery at the Mayo
Replies: 6
Views: 1150

Recovery at the Mayo

<t>Hello all, just wondering how long some of you have spent recovering at the clinic itself after a surgery. Whether it was nerve graft, nerve transfer, scar tissue removal, or even just exploratory. If you could state your surgery type and time spent post surgery in the clinic it would be helpful....
by Humboldtmtnbkr
Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:08 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Need Advice on my injury
Views: 1324

Re: Need Advice on my injury

<t>Follow your heart. Be strong and lean on your best friends for support. If the ones that are telling you to do it are your friends, they will back you up. Let them know you need the support. I have not lived with my bpi for long. I had an accident about 5 months ago. I do not know what it is like...
by Humboldtmtnbkr
Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:29 pm
Topic: My new blog
Replies: 3
Views: 975

Re: My new blog

Whoops, here's the link http://humboldtmtnbkr.blogspot.com/
by Humboldtmtnbkr
Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:55 am
Topic: My new blog
Replies: 3
Views: 975

My new blog

<t>Hey if anyone is interested I am starting a blog. I am going to basically keep a public joural of my physical and mental state through this crazy time. I am hoping it will help some of my friends understand what is going on in my head as well as help me understand my thoughts better. I hope to po...
by Humboldtmtnbkr
Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:26 pm
Topic: Possibly heading to the Mayo
Views: 1884

Re: Possibly heading to the Mayo

<t>All you people are wonderful. I really appreciate your input. Right I now I am in the mode of going to the Mayo. It will cost me around 3 - 5 thousand dollars after my out of network insurance coverage, and travel and lodging. This does not include a surgery, this is only for the 2 days of testin...