Search found 77 matches

by Ben's Dad
Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:37 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: New here w/ some questions
Replies: 17
Views: 1542

Re: New here w/ some questions

<t>Hi and welcome my fellow NYer. I live in upstate NY as well. It might be time to start a NY support group unless one already exists.<br/> You are way ahead of most of us that you found UBPN as quickly as you did, it's a great resource and place to talk to people who are going (or have gone) throu...
by Ben's Dad
Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:30 pm
Topic: New Mommy with ?????'s
Replies: 4
Views: 412

Re: New Mommy with ?????'s

<t>Hi and welcome,<br/> I would agree with that your daughter probably has a mild case and that a qualified (one that has worked with BPI's) occupational therapist or pediatric neurologist could confirm that. Some mild injuries will completely resolve themselves within 3-6 months.<br/> What interest...
by Ben's Dad
Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:45 pm
Topic: Wiping....
Replies: 7
Views: 722

Re: Wiping....

<t>Same situation here, mine is 6 1/2 years old and just recently began wiping on his own, he gets better at it a little bit everyday. I agree that balance is an issue, I also think that pulling up pants, pull-ups, etc.. is part of it as well. Seems to me that when we mentioned those things to his O...
by Ben's Dad
Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:52 pm
Topic: Video story of recovery of LOPI
Replies: 27
Views: 3675

Re: Video story of recovery of LOPI

<t>Couple words of caution if I may...be careful about the video you take if you are involved in a legal action. We took video for the sake of taking video of our child growing up without regard for a legal case. Well, they used that video at trial against us to say "see how well he can do this..", ...
by Ben's Dad
Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:38 pm
Topic: How very sad
Replies: 1
Views: 219

Re: How very sad

Thanks for sharing Rich. That is truly a sad story. Reading some of the comments after the article are interesting. Of course an ob/gyn from the us downplayed negligence, will they ever face the music and make a change for the better here, abroad...anywhere.
by Ben's Dad
Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:20 pm
Topic: Right time to have the "talk"?
Views: 386

Re: Right time to have the "talk"?

Thank you Kath and Gayle, those are great stories, good advise and are definitely encouraging to hear. He doesn't ask about his arm, yet. I don't think it will to long before he does ask and I have a better sense what to say. Thanks again.
by Ben's Dad
Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:35 pm
Topic: Right time to have the "talk"?
Views: 386

Right time to have the "talk"?

<t>Hi,<br/> At 6+ we have not had the "talk" about what happened to my son at birth. He has never had surgery, which I suppose would have made the decision a foregone conclusion. Any recommendations on when, how and what to say. My first thought is to stay positive about what he can do, but truthful...