Search found 43 matches

by ccorkra
Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:27 am
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: Planning next Atlanta area gathering
Replies: 7
Views: 3799

Planning next Atlanta area gathering

<t>Hi to all of you that are in or near the Atlanta, GA area. We had a great get together at the Smart's house in July. We started talking about dates for the next gathering and some dates came up in October. I just wanted to post this message so that you all can start looking at your calendars and ...
by ccorkra
Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:18 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: The longest and shortest 2 years of our lives
Replies: 11
Views: 1033

Re: The longest and shortest 2 years of our lives

<t>Thanks everyone for your "woohoos." It means a lot to hear from people that know what we are going through. I know that when I have read some other posts from parents about their kids making progress and my child hadn't reached that point,it sometimes discouraged me. But as always I have learned ...
by ccorkra
Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:16 am

Re: The longest and shortest 2 years of our lives- yea movement finally!

<t>I just wanted to edit the subject so that everyone knew what I was posting about! Carol<br/> <br/> <br/> > Well, after 2 long years my husband and I finally saw<br/> > our daughter Lucy's thumb and fingers move on her<br/> > injured hand for the first time in her life. And she<br/> > did it when ...
by ccorkra
Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:46 pm

The longest and shortest 2 years of our lives

<t>Well, after 2 long years my husband and I finally saw our daughter Lucy's thumb and fingers move on her injured hand for the first time in her life. And she did it when we asked her to do it! I say it has been the longest and shortest 2 years of our lives because I cannot believe that she is alre...
by ccorkra
Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:29 pm
Topic: No Recovery one year after bpi surgery
Replies: 6
Views: 901

Re: No Recovery one year after bpi surgery

<t>hi Jessica,<br/> My daughter Lucy had primary nerve grafting done when she was 3 months old. She is now 2 and her 2 year surgery anniversary will be the beginning of October. She had a global injury meaning that all 5 nerves were involved and they ended up only having 2 viable nerve roots to graf...
by ccorkra
Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:58 pm
Topic: Any bpi drs in NC area?
Replies: 1
Views: 230

Re: Any bpi drs in NC area?

<t>It looks like you are about 4 hours from Atlanta, GA. There is a brachial plexus clinic at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, Scottish Rite. Driving wise it is probably the closest but if you don't mind flying or traveling further you have plenty of other options. We take our daughter Lucy to CHOA...
by ccorkra
Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:28 am
Topic: Botox in triceps to help weak biceps
Replies: 7
Views: 2175

Re: Botox in triceps to help weak biceps

<t>Hi Mica,<br/> We have done this exact same thing. Lucy had a very severe injury to her left arm. Her Dr. (Dr.Schwentker)said that she only had 2 viable nerve roots to graft to when she was doing the reconstruction (C5 - T1 were involved). We did her surgery at 3 months of age. She is now 2. We di...
by ccorkra
Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:06 pm
Topic: Im back its been awhile
Replies: 2
Views: 603

Re: Im back its been awhile

Hi Dylecia,
Check out the BPI Events board. Some of us in the Atlanta area are getting together on the 28th. If you are around you shouls come! Carol, mom to Lucy, 2, LOBPI
by ccorkra
Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:02 pm
Topic: pt versus ot
Replies: 8
Views: 945

Re: pt versus ot

P.S. I also agree with the other stuff people posted about teaching the life skills and rehab differences. The explanation for OT that I gave is geared toward the infant as I have experienced it.
by ccorkra
Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:00 pm
Topic: pt versus ot
Replies: 8
Views: 945

Re: pt versus ot

<t>The way our therapists explained it to us is that generally speaking PT deals with gross motor skills and OT deals with fine motor skills. PT deals with whole body and getting proper form. Some of the things our PT did with Lucy more recently included stepping up and down from a low step, standin...