Search found 240 matches

by AngelaW
Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:11 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: dislocated shoulder
Replies: 30
Views: 7699

Re: dislocated shoulder

<r>Well, not as young as I'd like to be <E>:)</E> I turned 29 in Jan. but have decided to stay 28 for a while longer (God owes me a couple of months;)) <br/> A skin graft isn't the worst thing because the amount of skin they would take for your shoulder would be extremely small. The area they take t...
by AngelaW
Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:34 pm
Topic: Who's @ The Mayo?
Replies: 7
Views: 2233

Re: Who's @ The Mayo?

Hope everything went smoothly and recovery is speedy!
by AngelaW
Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:40 pm

<t>As I put in a different post, when am I not at mayo?:) I go there 9, 12 and 18 (surgery day)this month and just got mailed another appointment date that we're trying to change. (I have so many injuries in different areas I keep recieving "mystery appoints" that are followups from doctors I don't ...
by AngelaW
Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:14 pm

<t>Hello, thought I would put up more information about The doctor I saw. What I liked is that he has a lot of experience with shoulder and tendon reconstruction with BP injuries. Of course there's no gurantee's (but are there any in life?), but maybe he can offer a better option. I'm fully prepared...
by AngelaW
Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:49 pm
Topic: Two year Anniversary of my Skiing Accident is Today!!!
Replies: 5
Views: 2144

Re: Two year Anniversary of my Skiing Accident is Today!!!

<r>Congrats!!! You seem to have really regained your balance in life. I can't wait to get to that point where I have a life again. You're lucky to be wintering in Portland. My sister used to live there and it's an incredible city. I'm currently stuck in the frozen tundra that is Minnesota <E>:)</E><...
by AngelaW
Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:01 pm
Topic: Who's @ The Mayo?
Replies: 7
Views: 2233

Re: Who's @ The Mayo?

<t>LOL. the questin is when am I not at Mayo? I'm there 9th, 12th, and 18th (surgery, yay.) It's a good thing I'm omly about 45 minutes away. <br/> Whwn you see dr.shin, ask him if he's had any kimchee (korean cabbage pickle) He's Korean like me and love of the stuff is in our genes. You can also gr...
by AngelaW
Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:47 pm
Topic: What an amazing site!
Replies: 4
Views: 1356

Re: What an amazing site!

<r>First I'd like to wish your family and your son the best of luck! Don't I know an accident like this is almost as hard on the family as it is on the person. <br/> The docs told me the excact same thing. What's funny is that before the nerve surgery, they said it would takt 6-8 hrs. After they sai...
by AngelaW
Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:40 pm

<r>Hey,don't be so hard on yourself. It's okay to feel bad. Like you my wounds are still relatively new and it's HARD! Most of the things I love to do and excel at, that define me are are incredibly difficult or impossible to do, I suppose it's a loss of self that I greive. Also the pain from a seri...
by AngelaW
Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:45 pm
Topic: What an amazing site!
Replies: 4
Views: 1356

What an amazing site!

<t>I just discovered this site and it is such a relief to communicate with people who are going through similar issues. <br/> Guess I'll introduce myself. I'm 29 years old and about 7 months ago was in a terrible motorcycle accident due to mechanical failure with my dad. (I have to add that he is my...
by AngelaW
Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:34 pm

<r>Hello. I believe we are going through similar situations, albeit my injuries are newer. The Triad (that's what I call bishop, spinner, and shin) were really pushing for a shoulder fusion, though they left out the part about an external metal rod <E>:)</E> What the heck though, I had an external p...