Search found 240 matches

by AngelaW
Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:03 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Athletic Activities you are doing!
Replies: 39
Views: 21390

Re: Athletic Activities you are doing!

jmar - I could probably drive if I wanted to, but I just don't need a car at the moment since I can walk everywhere I need to get to and gas is expensive, lol. (gotta save up that money to pay Mayo, hahahahaha) Tom - I think you misunderstand me. I'm generally a happy person. I don't feel bad about ...
by AngelaW
Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:17 am
Topic: Athletic Activities you are doing!
Replies: 39
Views: 21390

Re: Athletic Activities you are doing!

Wow, I love hearing about (and seeing) these marathons you're all running. I've always wanted to be a runner, but I just don't have the right mindset, lol, though one thing I really miss is the ability to just run as as fast as possible for a minute or two just for the feeling. This relay sounds lik...
by AngelaW
Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 am
Topic: Depression and anger
Replies: 16
Views: 6418

Re: Depression and anger

Welcome to the site and glad you found it. :) I hope that it will help you find both comfort and knowledge to help you and your family along. I think we have a few similar circumstances so I sent you a PM to your messages.
Take care and Good Luck,
Ang :)
by AngelaW
Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:53 am
Topic: Hi all, Newbie here saying hi...
Replies: 6
Views: 3022

Re: Hi all, Newbie here saying hi...

Hey armstrong, my dad suffered a stroke from trauma from the accident and he isn't the same man at all anymore. I COMPLETELY understand what it's like to see your dad completely change almost overnight, and how draining it is (physically, AND emotionally) to care for someone you love whose in that c...
by AngelaW
Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:53 am
Topic: Beach Season... my legs ahh!
Replies: 4
Views: 2151

Re: Beach Season... my legs ahh!

It can be sooooo tricky trying to get a good workout, especially since half of the stuff for legs always seem to invovle 2 arms in some way. Like jmar said, a gym or rec center would be the easiest. I usually go the the gym and between my and knee and my arm, I only use 3 machines, but I use them we...
by AngelaW
Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:12 am
Topic: Water Skiing last week!
Replies: 8
Views: 3974

Re: Water Skiing last week!

Wow, awesome. I couldn'e even waterski with two hands, so bravo lol. I eally enjoy seeing pics and /or videos of what the others are up to so keep em up........
by AngelaW
Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:22 pm
Topic: Gabapentin ER
Replies: 9
Views: 6673

Re: Gabapentin ER

I wish I could help more, but I don't take any meds now. My pain is usually pretty manageable. Right now my issue is simply getting enough sleep. I'm not kept awake by pain, but it's like my body just can't get comfortable enough to stay in REM sleep for more that 2-3 hours at a time, no matter how ...
by AngelaW
Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:09 pm
Topic: Gabapentin ER
Replies: 9
Views: 6673

Re: Gabapentin ER

Wow, very interesting. I don't take it anymore, but I remember when I did it felt like I was taking a bazillion pills a day, lol. This would really make it so much easier to work into one's daily life. Keep us updated if you get to try it. :)
by AngelaW
Tue May 24, 2011 12:19 pm
Topic: Glad to have found this board! Tons of questions!
Replies: 5
Views: 2159

Re: Glad to have found this board! Tons of questions!

Hello and welcome to the site. Glad you found it. Like most of us on here, you guys have really been through A LOT. I had multiple major body injuries like your husband, though I have him beat at 36 units of blood, lol ( not an award anyone wants to win. ) It's pretty amazing that they were able to ...
by AngelaW
Mon May 23, 2011 10:40 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Opportunity is knocking!
Replies: 13
Views: 5455

Re: Opportunity is knocking!

Hey, I just got an email from my shoulder doctor from Mayo who was at the same meeting and he said you guys did an excellent job. Keep up the great work! :) He also showed a new video of me that we just shot last week to show some of my progress. Did you get to see it? I didn't realize it was going ...