Search found 112 matches

by Janelle54
Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:56 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Amputation of left arm
Replies: 8
Views: 4376

Amputation of left arm

<t>I had my left arm amputated above the elbow on 11/21/08. I was at MGH at 6:30 AM. <br/> <br/> The surgery actually started at 9AM. I was in recovery before 11:30. Jolene came to the recovery room to give me my 1:00 Lyrica. John from Medtronics came to make sure my MCS was operating properly. It w...
by Janelle54
Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:09 pm
Topic: Hey guys, Hope you are all great!
Replies: 1
Views: 614

Re: Hey guys, Hope you are all great!

Best to both of us Shaun.
Janelle
by Janelle54
Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:29 pm
Topic: Janelle Final cut....
Replies: 3
Views: 827

Re: Janelle Final cut....

<r>Thank you Scott,<br/> You have been great support and encouragement throughout this entire ordeal. I truly see the doorway to my actual recovery from this accident. I see me no longer having a dead left arm controlling every aspect of my life. <br/> <br/> I know recovery from amputation will take...
by Janelle54
Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:17 pm
Topic: Considering Amputation?
Replies: 30
Views: 4770

Re: Considering Amputation?

<t>Mike,<br/> <br/> Thank you so much for all the details of your amputation. Sounds like pain was/is still a serious issue after the amputation. I find that my arm is a nightmare every evening. I take all kind of drugs regularly. I take Dilaudid in the evening to get my pain under control. Sounds l...
by Janelle54
Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:55 pm
Topic: Any advice to combat TPBI pain
Replies: 18
Views: 2580

Re: Any advice to combat TPBI pain

<t>Hi Bruce,<br/> <br/> I’m giving you a brief breakdown of my current situation. I take Lyrica, Baclofen, Tyzanidine, Methadone, & Dilaudid (as needed). I had an auto accident 1/2/07. My left arm has no feeling or movement from the elbow down. Of course, when I say no feeling that has to exclud...
by Janelle54
Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:56 pm

<t>Mike,<br/> <br/> I look forward to what you have to say after you have your arm is amputated. The first few weeks are the times that you tend forget as time goes by. Yours will be just before mine. Knowing how you are feeling and what you are going through will help prepare me as to what to expec...
by Janelle54
Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:51 pm
Topic: wallet?
Replies: 3
Views: 599

Re: wallet?

<r>I have several Vera Bradley wallets with a strap in different patterns. I have just one hand and find I can open the velcro closure with no problem. I can also unzip the change section. The slots for card and bill storage are excellent. I purchased them for good deals on Ebay. Just enter Vera Bra...
by Janelle54
Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:08 pm

<t>Mike.<br/> I'm having my left arm amputated on 11/21/08. I can't wait for this day to come. It will be the start of getting my life back. I had an auto accident on 1/2/07. Every day since has been encompassed by my arm. I have suffered severe pain, a skin graft, a failed nerve graft, a failed spi...
by Janelle54
Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:41 pm
Topic: Amputation
Replies: 7
Views: 1789

Re: Amputation

<t>Marieke,<br/> I love your tattoo. I was trying to read your profile. I must be doing something wrong. I didn't see any website listed to the right.<br/> <br/> Janelle<br/> <br/> About Me<br/> <br/> Registered Nurse (2008)! So no longer RN2B I guess! I have Transverse Myelitis @ T1 and LOBPI, for ...
by Janelle54
Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:33 pm
Topic: Amputation
Replies: 7
Views: 1789

Re: Amputation

<t>SCOTT, HENRY, MARIEKE, THANK YOU ALL FOR THE WONDERFUL THOUGHTS.<br/> <br/> Marieke, I will check out the web sites that were suggested. Every additional tool that makes things easier to do is appreciated.<br/> <br/> Scott, I look forward to the opportunity of meeting up with you. I live so close...